McClaren, Laudrup, Carvs, The tea lady?

Howay

:lol:

Rest up Fish, go on a really shitty holiday, lose your job, get dumped, gamble away all your money, wake up in a toilet several times and you'll feel fully refreshed for the new season.

You didn't start well, but you really pulled me back with the gambling and toilet chat. I'm in! :good:

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You haven't lived until you're being woken up from a nightclub toilet floor by a lesbian in hiking boots for some reason. Ah memories.

Doe this count? I was woken up by a bouncer banging on the toilet stall door in Trillions, his anger quickly faded when he saw the happy drunken sleepy teenaged Dave, helped me outside, sat me down and came back a while later with a glass of water for me.

Trillions man... is it even still open?

The league doesn't start until August. Why hire a man now and have to pay him for two months when we have no games? Think about it people.

Took me an extra second to figure the swipe at Big Mike then, I thought you were serious at first! Monday morning...!

7 Days it took them. Seven days.

How many days are we up to?

Derby sack McLaren and appoint Clement, without advertising the job, which means they had been negotiating with him well before the 7 days. If they had not been why did other clubs not come in for him. It was only made public when the deal had been signed and sealed.

Derby sack McLaren and appoint Clement, without advertising the job, which means they had been negotiating with him well before the 7 days. If they had not been why did other clubs not come in for him. It was only made public when the deal had been signed and sealed.

Negotiating can sometimes take 45 minutes.

Took me an extra second to figure the swipe at Big Mike then, I thought you were serious at first! Monday morning...!

Stick around and you'll soon get up to speed. ;)

You didn't happen to go to uni in Manchester did you?

I remember watching us away to Arsenal in 2003 in a student bar on a Friday night with a Toon fan your age from Wolverhampton. I just didn't think there would be that many of you.

We've had considerably longer than them to prepare for a new manager so it reflects badly on us whether Derby have just done it in the last 7 days or not.

http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/06/patrick-vieira-says-he-needs-freedom-and-the-tools-to-do-the-managers-job/

Forget about Vieira lads can't see him working under the restrictions.

:dunno:

That article doesn't state what his demands are. What if they're "sign young hungry players with potential"?

Not saying we would match his expectations, but as it's not clear what they are, we can't rule anything out.

It may not state his demands but we know the restrictions that would be placed on him here. I just can't see him fancying it when he learns what they are i may be a million miles wrong of course.

It may not state his demands but we know the restrictions that would be placed on him here. I just can't see him fancying it when he learns what they are i may be a million miles wrong of course.

What restrictions do you believe exist at Newcastle?

Not having the final say on transfers, probably having to have Carver & co as backroom staff, being answerable to Charnley who hasn't a clue (his last job filling in the reserve team sheets) the transfers alone would be a huge sticking point imho because surely he'd want the final say on who's in his squad.

Not having the final say on transfers, probably having to have Carver & co as backroom staff, being answerable to Charnley who hasn't a clue (his last job filling in the reserve team sheets) the transfers alone would be a huge sticking point imho because surely he'd want the final say on who's in his squad.

Aye that's fair enough, I think there'll be more influence on transfers from the new man, whomever that is.

I'm praying to them all, the old gods and the new, that we'll see the back of Carver, Stone et al, but if Vieira is the man to take the reigns I can't see them being told to sling it. If it was Garde, he'd have his own preferred backroom staff. Vieira is less likely to have an established coterie and so, would probably have Carver foisted upon him.

Charnley is an odd one, I was hopeful that he'd lose his job (or be repurposed) after his nearly catastrophic gamble on Carver, but it appears Ashley is more willing to give people a second (third, fourth,) chance than I am.

brgto tbh

Brendan Rodgers' Gonads Taste Orangey?

Bright Red Gibbon Tits, Ole!

Bloody Raddishes Grow Too Often

Bitches Readin' Gatsby? Tatas out!

Lee Charnley talking to The Chronicle 20th January 2015

"Does he have any say (in transfers)?’ Yes. Does he have the final say? No he doesn’t. There’s a difference there"

There's only Carver that could agree to that.