McClaren, Laudrup, Carvs, The tea lady?

Howay

Done a good job at Burton, but can't see it myself.

He's been reported as wanting to earn his stripes at a lower level, instead of just trading on his reputation and getting a top job -ahem- John Barnes -ahem-.

Doubt he'd turn down a PL job if offered though.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt he'd turn down a PL job if offered though.

If there was one PL job he'd turn down, it'd be us. :D

United are thought to be drawing up a an alternative shortlist to the one they had in mind back in January when Alan Pardew left the club to join Crystal Palace and Carver’s name is on that list.

It's like abstract art. That fucking sentence man, how does he have a job?!

but while his future is not completely clear in terms of the head coach job, he has already been assured he will be at the club when Newcastle return to pre-season training in July.

Why?

Absolutely clueless stuff from Charnley this. How is Carver still on the managerial shortlist in the first place? The fans don't like him, the players don't respect him, his 'reign' has been abysmal from start to finish, and it's more than clear that he's not capable of doing the job to the required standard - he can't do anything right, from tactics to interviews. He's had his sales pitch and fucked it up beyond anyone's worst expectations. Blaming it all on injuries etc as he does just sums him up. Self-centered and delusional.

He should have been let go by now - it's beyond belief. He's done nothing to suggest he deserves it and everything to suggest he doesn't. It's incredible that he's even being considered.

And then to assure him of a postiion come pre-season? Why? It's a results business - why should he be assured of that? If he doesn't get the job, what if the new man doesn't want to work with him?

The club needs overhauling from top to bottom. I'm sure they're all nice enough people but I'd replace the entire coaching staff - at the very least Woodman, Stone and Carver. I doubt there's many fans out there who aren't in favour of a total fresh start. Reassuring abject failures that they'll still have a job even if it's a detriment to the club/the next manager (if not Carver) is hard to comprehend.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Our selection process on the new, updated, alternative short list, with the benefit of an extra 6 months to assess the pros and cons of the candidates , will be something along these lines......

giphy.gif

It's not like there was any evidence that Carver was good at the job he was doing before he put in charge of the team. He's coached the team that for the past five years has tried the same floated freekick to Williamson, has had no style, never managers to get players into the box, and cannot defend to save their lives.

I'd have no problem with the club wanting to keep some coaches regardless of which manager they appoint (as long as he gets to bring in some of his guys too as needed) because that what a lot of clubs do. But this guy just seems incompetent.

To be fair, that's Ryder saying he's been assured of a position and he still has his Assistant Manager contract. Carver may still be shown the door.

Di Matteo has left Schalke

He'd probably be one that Ashley likes, especially without having to pay any compo.

I flat out cannot see Carver being appointed, I understand Ashley loves the cheapest option but I think that emotion he showed during the final game was a man nervous about his investment losing money, a substantial amount of money. Appointing Carver will guarantee the clubs relegation next year, his run (which was the best part of half a season) was worse than you could have predicted really, Ashley's not an idiot, a cunt yes but not an idiot and appointing Carver would simply endanger future profit.

I'm not saying Ashley will suddenly go out and start spunking money on players and a top coach, but he'll get a capable football manager in. It will probably be a one he can get on a low wage and for no compo but it'll be a football manager. If he was really willing to put anyone in charge that happened to be the cheapest he could just go to a dole queue and pick a random bloke from that every week and I don't think the results would be all that different from what Carver managed.

Carver has the job because Charnley is clueless and unable to see past Carver's excuses and his own inability to attract better/ability to do anything.

No doubt Charnley is a scapegoat but I'm not giving him any sympathy. Absolute disagrace to hear that Carver apparently has a job at the club come pre-season whatever happens. So many levels of wrong.

It's as likely to be McClaren as anyone else, but as history has shown, trying to predict who these clowns will appoint is pointless in of itself, it's always been someone from left field.

McLaren certainly fits the established pattern when we're not promoting a coach or club legend. He's unemployed, cheap, desperate, not foreign, and experienced. To a buffoon like Charnley he will even look successful, something that prior appointments have lacked for all their experience. Even though it's obvious that it's his failures rather than his successes that speak well to his likely ability to get a club like NUFC to compete in the PL.

We certainly don't have a fucking chance of getting anyone decent who you could count on a top 10 finish - even West Ham are a better prospect for a manager wanting a PL club this season - European football, owners who want to spend money, and a board who don't just talk about wanting good football, they act on it.

It's as likely to be McClaren as anyone else, but as history has shown, trying to predict who these clowns will appoint is pointless in of itself, it's always been someone from left field.

McLaren certainly fits the established pattern when we're not promoting a coach or club legend. He's unemployed, cheap, desperate, not foreign, and experienced. To a buffoon like Charnley he will even look successful, something that prior appointments have lacked for all their experience. Even though it's obvious that it's his failures rather than his successes that speak well to his likely ability to get a club like NUFC to compete in the PL.

We certainly don't have a fucking chance of getting anyone decent who you could count on a top 10 finish - even West Ham are a better prospect for a manager wanting a PL club this season - European football, owners who want to spend money, and a board who don't just talk about wanting good football, they act on it.

I have never known a poster this tedious. Even LM had some kind of psycotic macabre entertainment factor to his shite.

I have never known a poster this tedious. Even LM had some kind of psycotic macabre entertainment factor to his shite.

hard to disagree with what he's saying there, though.

You do realise people here can quickly see everything another person posts?

http://www.toontastic.net/board/user/62-kevin-carrs-gloves/

Feel free to highlight which of your posts you believe to be extremely interesting/entertaining.

Granted, some of them show an undercurrent of jealous nastiness that's the hallmark of your kin, which can be entertaining in a sick kind of way, but that's about it.

He's like everyone else who comes on here with an axe to grind. For the first few posts it's an entertaining and sometimes thought-provoking new way of looking at things, then it starts to get like "aright mate, change the record", and finally it becomes mind-numbing tedium. 500+ posts in 2 weeks and no sign of stopping. Time to slap him on the ignore list and move on.

hard to disagree with what he's saying there, though.

As if the content of his post had anything to do with why he was giving me shit. He's clearly been saving this up, and I know exactly what motivated it. He must genuinely think people are thick not to notice it. He certainly thinks I am, that's for sure.

He's like everyone else who comes on here with an axe to grind. For the first few posts it's an entertaining and sometimes thought-provoking new way of looking at things, then it starts to get like "aright mate, change the record", and finally it becomes mind-numbing tedium. 500+ posts in 2 weeks and no sign of stopping. Time to slap him on the ignore list and move on.

Aye, tedious troll is tedious.

Noted.

Aye I do think it'll be McClaren tbh, we already know they have shown interest in him and they were seemingly willing to pay the compo, now with no compo to pay I think he's their man.

Why can't people come on a forum, instantly realise it's pretty cliquey, that we've already established friendships, and fuck off?

Oh shut up. Half of my post was about the new manager (the topic of the thread), the other half was about something that was only announced today. If you want people to post things more relevant or timely, then buy a fucking time machine and tell us who got the fucking job, so we can discuss that instead. But not too much though, obviously, wouldn't want to deprive you of the buzz of only ever reading new information or completely original thoughts.