McClaren, Laudrup, Carvs, The tea lady?

Howay

Don't really understand all of the support for viera? A good player doesn't necessarily make a good manager. People turning their noses up at McLaren who has won leagues, cups and managed around the world but wanking over a bloke who coaches the kids at Man City?

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee Charnley 20th January 2015

"First and foremost, they have to be a good coach and with a track record of developing players and giving young players a chance is important"

Does Vieira fit this criterea ?

Wishful thinking I reckon. Ashley's sky sports interview is more of the same, bullshit statements that have always made. It'll be McLaren, O'Leary, George Graham in an iron lung, or Michael Appleton...

Hope, just for once, my limitless pessimism of Ashley and co proves wrong.

Aside from the lack of experience, Viera ticks all the Ashley boxes - a left field appointment, cheap, unlikely to rock the boat, and not foreign (yes, he's French, but I'm sure he's been here long enough to even be naturalised, and certainly speaks perfect English). It doesn't make sense to me if the transfer policy is going to change, but if it's staying the same.......then a French icon as manager makes perfect sense. Whether he'd succeed would be a total coin toss tbh, which would rather undermine Ashley's luck making promise.

I was basing that on the fact he's apparently very intelligent, and the fact he'd be a novice manager joining a Premier League club with a very clear chain of command and a documented history of not giving a toss what the manager thinks, even club legends. Hard to see what he would gain, or even how he would win, if he started throwing his weight around.

Well that does it. How the hell can a 2nd tier team like Derby attract and sign Clement?

Well that's easy to answer isn't it, Derby aren't governed by the likes of Ashley & Cohorts.

I think the tea-lady might be our best bet.

I meant not foreign as in not unaccustomed to our football or our language. Didn't I already say that, you dumb fuckers?

Are you available for parties?

I'm glad the season is over, I can be pessimistic for a bit. Optimism is exhausting.

:lol:

Rest up Fish, go on a really shitty holiday, lose your job, get dumped, gamble away all your money, wake up in a toilet several times and you'll feel fully refreshed for the new season.

The league doesn't start until August. Why hire a man now and have to pay him for two months when we have no games? Think about it people.

:lol:

Probably get away with waiting until the transfer window shuts too, don't want a head coach thinking he can bring anyone in.