Ins and Outs for next season

Seriously,why would any proven Premier League player chose us over any other Premier league club,apart from the makems of course.The media have wallowed in the NUFC circus all season.Players will be aware of the situation here.It's not like we are going to pay silly wages or transfer fees to attract players.

Better than Burnley wages

52k stadium

famous old club

Step up from smaller clubs, to catch the eye of CL clubs

Players could be attracted by new coach (depending on who it's with)

Players could be attracted by new foreign players (depending on who we sign)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would expect a proven premier league player to already be on higher wages than Burnley players.

52k stadium. Silent apart from the moaners for most of the games.

Famous old club. So are Old Etonians.

`Proven Premier league Club'

Possibly

Can you really see us signing such quality which would result in proven premier league players coming to SJP.

Sorry,i just cannot see it.Even we think Ashley is talking shite about investing.There is investing and there is Ashley `investing'.Would you,if you had no love or connection to NUFC,be excited about NUFC showing an interest in signing you if you were a proven premier league player.We are a laughing stock,or should i say a piss-taking stock,in english football.

I would expect a proven premier league player to already be on higher wages than Burnley players.

Possibly

Can you really see us signing such quality which would result in proven premier league players coming to SJP.

Sorry,i just cannot see it.Even we think Ashley is talking shite about investing.There is investing and there is Ashley `investing'.Would you,if you had no love or connection to NUFC,be excited about NUFC showing an interest in signing you if you were a proven premier league player.We are a laughing stock,or should i say a piss-taking stock,in english football.

I've always had a sneaking suspicion but this reply to me pretty much nails you as a makem.

Possibly

I doubt that Danny Ings, a proven Premier League player is currently on higher wages than Burnley players...

Wasn't last game. Easy to "sell" a player on the idea of "bringing the excitement back to a passionate and loyal fan base"

... right? Are you suggesting nobody want their children to go to Eton?

No, not "possibly", proven to be the case; Carroll, Cabaye, Debuchy, Ba, Remy

I don't know why you're fixated on "proven Premier League players", but to answer your Question, yes.

Cabaye, Debuchy, Sissoko, Remy, Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa, Mbiwa, Santon, Janmaat. All good players, most capable of playing in the Champions League. So yeah, I do think, even with Ashley's restrictions we can attract players of a standard that could be used to encourage other players to join.

The question is more properly framed, why would a player who is being courted by Spurs right now, choose to wait to see who our manager is and who else he signs?

It wasn't a question of whether Ings would choose us ahead of Spurs or not. It was two questions.

1. Why have Spurs tabled a £12m bid for a player that will be without a transfer fee (or a <24 compensation fee at most) in a few weeks/months?

2. essembee asked why any "proven Premier League" player would choose to join Newcastle ahead of any other Premier Lague team.

Unless you were rephrasing Essembee's question, in which case the answer is a lot easier to come by.

No, he asked why any proven player would join us, you answered that he'd be on better wages than at Burnley and the stuff about future managers & signings. It's pretty obvious you were talking about the prospect of Ings choosing us over Spurs, in the context of there being an active bid for him on the table (but yes, I've got no idea why they're paying a fee if the compo works out less).

No, he asked why any proven player would join us, you answered that he'd be on better wages than at Burnley and the stuff about future managers & signings. It's pretty obvious you were talking about the prospect of Ings choosing us over Spurs, in the context of there being an active bid for him on the table (but yes, I've got no idea why they're paying a fee if the compo works out less).

Think you've read more into that than there was, as I was answering his question, rather than one I thought he might have meant.

'Why would a proven Premier League player chose us over any other team (other than sunderland)?'

We're already back to being linked with resigning Andy Carroll :lol:

honestly plucking any random french blokes name off whoscored would sound more credible at this point.

We're already back to being linked with resigning Andy Carroll :lol:

honestly plucking any random french blokes name off whoscored would sound more credible at this point.

David Concha has apparently visited Newcastle (before the survival weekend) with a view to a summer move.

but he's spanish.

and that was from the Chronicle.

I've let you down.

I think he's shown that when he's fit hes still capable of being a good goalscorer, I think he'd work quite well with Cabella and Perez around him too.

He'd definitely be better at attacking that floated ball to the back post than Williamson

moot since we definitely won't sign him anyway and he IS always injured so won't get a run of games long enough to be worth having

I think he's shown that when he's fit hes still capable of being a good goalscorer, I think he'd work quite well with Cabella and Perez around him too.

He'd definitely be better at attacking that floated ball to the back post than Williamson

moot since we definitely won't sign him anyway and he IS always injured so won't get a run of games long enough to be worth having

Hopefully that won't be a problem next season for two reasons. A) No Williamson, B) different set pieces tactics.