Top Posters In This Topic

They should give Carver 2 phones.

"Hi John, it's me, John"

"Hi, John"

"John, it's the end I'm afraid"

"Is this a wind-up, John?"

"No, John"

"Get outside you twat"

Nothing short of disgraceful, even more unsurprising. One calculated interview will never change the way they will run the club, anyone fooled by the propaganda is an absolute bellend. No respect whatsoever shown to either of those lads, both been hit by horrendous luck in recent years but showed tremendous commitment and desire to fight back to full fitness and give their all for the club. All the while a group of heartless bastards sit in the boardroom not giving a flying fuck if they even died, probably celebrate as it would mean the wage bill was slashed. It makes me fucking sick.

Yep. Pathetic. The shitheads running our club are a disgrace. After all those years of service the least Ashley & co. could do is to show some fucking manners by treating people with the respect they deserve. It's free after all so what's the bother.

Yep. Pathetic. The shitheads running our club are a disgrace. After all those years of service the least Ashley & co. could do is to show some fucking manners by treating people with the respect they deserve. It's free after all so what's the bother.

Well said. They're a bunch of classless scumbags.

The shabby treatment of Guti may cement Coloccini's exit. Only a year left to run, poor season behind him, previously keen to go home and Jonas treated like a dog.

As we know, Taylor and Jonas are in Ireland right now.

What should the club have done? A phone call is reasonably respectful imo(I've been sacked by phone before), though not sure on the "pass the phone over" bit.

Campbell finding out via twitter however...

What should the club have done? A phone call is reasonably respectful imo(I've been sacked by phone before), though not sure on the "pass the phone over" bit.

It's the lack of respect and professionalism that is the problem, they never do things the way they should be done. Everything the club engages in smacks of Amateurism, Fat Mike has been here 8 years now and seemingly hasn't learn't a thing on how a football club works.

It's the lack of respect and professionalism that is the problem, they never do things the way they should be done. Everything the club engages in smacks of Amateurism, Fat Mike has been here 8 years now and seemingly hasn't learn't a thing on how a football club works.

So...what should they have done?

Called a meeting and explained the situation, thanked the players individually for their commitment to the club and wish them luck. I know they are in Ireland, club could have waited till they returned. Granted it was time for them to move on, just this plastered all over the media does nothing to improve PR reputation at the club.

Even a seperate phone call to Jonas would have been better than "Pass the phone"!

They really need the help of a good PR firm because this looks awful. Our name, our great name, dragged through the mud again. :(

They don't need a PR firm just like we don't require 'better communication'. What they really need is to stop being cunts and everything else sorts itself out. :good:

So...what should they have done?

Have a representative hop on a plane to Ireland and sit down with both players individually, explain why the decision has been made, offer to help them find a new club if they'd like the assistance, then release a statement from someone at the club not on the playing staff which thanks both players for their service, and wish them well for the future.

Tie in the trip with scouting for players/commercial opportunities so it's value for money.

They don't need a PR firm just like we don't require 'better communication'. What they really need is to stop being cunts and everything else sorts itself out. :good:

:aye:

I'd go apeshit if someone sacked me over the phone, surprised you don't feel the same if it's happened to you?

It's nothing like being sacked though, if your contract is ending and there's been no discussion's about a new one, it's pretty obvious you're not staying somewhere.

Unless they've been strung along it's a bit of a nothing story tbh.