The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt

Andrew

This is why I love The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. It is crass in some places and overreaching in others, but despite its grandeur and its fantastical setting, it is a game made by, for and about human beings. It's lewd and perverse and poetic and hot-blooded. It's huge yet crafted; its systems are purposeful and it doesn't have a whiff of design by committee. It will last you months, yet not waste your time. Above all, it has a vivid, enduring personality, something that is exceedingly rare among its breed of mega-budget open-world epics (and that will probably be rarer still once Hideo Kojima and Konami part ways later this year). For my money, it's the greatest role-playing game in years.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-18-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-review

Anyone playing or planning to?

I've um'd and ah'd over it as I hated the second (voice acting was awful and jarring, can't spend 100 hours or whatever it claimed to be in a game like that) but caved due to my lack of willpower/any other games at the minute.

Enjoying it mostly but the combat (on consoles at least) is a bit shit. Still gets a recommendation on my part.

Utterly addicted to this. Had a few late nights already :lol:

I've got thereabouts over the weekend, planning to set aside any heavy story and go gear hunting tonight as I've some decent stuff at the moment but my armor looks awful (I look like a bloody court jester!)

Been itching to buy this. Trying to finish dying light before I jump though as dont want another half finished game on my shelf.

I will say that the writing, open world, graphics and the way the quests are put together and generally handled is excellent. There's a load of content to be seen too and it's an impressive technical achievement. But if you're asking me to stick with the clunky controls until I just get used to it, I'm not sure I'm that interested in the general setting to actually continue on. I don't actually feel in control of my character and I'm not sure if that'll get better as it goes on.

The combats its weak spot, no question, I've got used to moving him now to the point it's not a problem, he has momentum so letting go of the stick doesn't just stop him dead.

It's far from perfect but it's still very very good.

:lol: Fighting a group of enemies in this game is like trying to get your key in the door after 13 pints.

Me and the other half are playing it at the same time, its quite hard to watch her doing things sometimes.

On subject, the XP glitch is pretty annoying. Wish they'd just do a hotfix and have it rushed through certification, but then the fix might affect other fixes that are coming with the next patch...

What is the xp glitch, given my level and where I am in the story and all that I seem to be bang on track so I don't think I've encountered it