The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt

Andrew

I think I'm coming up to the end of the main story.

Really hope the rumours that one of the free DLCs will be a new game + mode (as there have been pieces of code been found on the PC version that imply its coming) as I've done a ton of sidequests and built up a nice range of gear.

Really do want a storage chest somewhere now though, I'm carrying round 2 full sets of armour and weapons.

I have absolutely no idea, its a free time black hole.

If the time is noted on your saves I'll have a look tonight.

I've loads left to do though, a lot of exploring, contracts, side quests that I haven't looked at yet. Still got a fair bit of Gwent left to play though i've stuck a deck together now that is pretty much able to beat anyone unless my opening hand is crap.

• 11 months later...

Bumpitty bump.

Anyone got either of the two expansion packs?

I finally got round to playing this , I'm about "no fucking idea" hours in, loving it.

The reviews for the expansions seem universally excellent , wondered if any of you lot had them?

Got em both, I've started blood and wine yesterday and it is, so far, fantastic. The new region is massive and has tons going on, a different aesthetic to the other regions that makes it very distinctive. Hearts of stone was brilliant as well and I'll say no more to avoid spoilers. Safe to say you get your money's worth though they're both massive

• 3 weeks later...

By the way, finished the last expansion at the weekend.

This is, hands down, the best video game I have ever played and will likely remain so for quite a long time.

Will I be able to get into this game if I never played the first two???

Aye. I'd never played the first two.

You'll get the shit kicked out of you in fights for the first few hours, but it's absolutely, without question, worth sticking with it.

One of the best games I've played.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so I bought this over the weekend as I figured I'd read enough positive praise about it. Enjoying the narrative and the settings and so on - combat is reasonable and I expect to get better at it over time of course.

The only thing that's pissing me off is werewolves. I'm admittedly not highly leveled (7) at present, but there's been two quests now where beating a werewolf has been one of the objectives. I'll pummel them down to about half health and then regen kicks in. Regen that is fucking incredible to the point where I literally can't do damage fast enough to stop it from rising.

So the question is - should I get a better sword, is there some kind of potion I should be using to improve my chances... or have they just made werewolves ridiculous? The one's I'm fighting are about my level. I'm not struggling to take down level 12 enemies of other species, so I don't think the issue is that I'm under levelled.

Other than that, enjoying it.

I've not found an improved Silver Sword past the first one... I'm guessing those don't trade up as frequently as normal swords, but even so. Maybe I've just been unlucky.

I think you will have been, go and get some made, you should have diagrams and suchlike, sell your crap and trade swords up regularly, put your levels into a fighting style and use your mutagens to buff it