Metal Detecting:NSFW. Contains images of boobs and dirt holes, as well as pigeon corpses.

Christmas Tree

If anyone has 10 mins going spare I strongly recommend the first ten or so pages of this thread. The ribbing CT gets for his metal detecting and digging up some random old handle is superb, but is topped off by the Fish's infamous frozen grapes moment, introduced seemingly out of nowhere.

:lol:

This forum has to have one of the best communities out there, like.

Does CT even still do this metal detecting lark?

Usually go 2 or 3 Sunday's a month but since the wife has been ill I've cut back.

Was out last Sunday though, beautiful countryside, peace and quiet, lots of wildlife.

I find it quite magical. You are miles away from a town in the middle of a field. Suddenly the peace is broken by a sound that indicates iron, silver or gold. You grab your spade, dig down a few inches and unearth a coin that was dropped by a Roman Centurian 2000 years ago.

Beats chasing Pokeman ;)

Usually go 2 or 3 Sunday's a month but since the wife has been ill I've cut back.

Was out last Sunday though, beautiful countryside, peace and quiet, lots of wildlife.

I find it quite magical. You are miles away from a town in the middle of a field. Suddenly the peace is broken by a sound that indicates iron, silver or gold. You grab your spade, dig down a few inches and unearth a coin that was dropped by a Roman Centurian 2000 years ago.

Beats chasing Pokeman ;)

:lol: can't argue with that last bit in fairness.

Just reminded me of this BBC3 classic;

:lol: what a knacker that lad is.

Wasn't Stevie a big fan of Danny's, or am I conflating him with the hooligan movies?

:lol: what a knacker that lad is.

Wasn't Stevie a big fan of Danny's, or am I conflating him with the hooligan movies?

I think Stevie is, aye. Reckons he looks a bit like him too.

That programme was mint. There's this bit where he's in a pub in Wiltshire or somewhere like that where he was talking to some cider drinking old hippies who proclaimed themselves as 'experts'. They gave a few ropey reasons why they couldn't possibly be hoaxes and had to be something alien or supernatural. Dyer is convinced. Next scene is in a pub with two blokes who basically explained that they make them with a few stakes, ropes and barrels. Dyer didn't know who to believe. :lol: Occam's razor had me leaning towards the latter like

He was a firm believer in Jonathan Wilkes' music career too. I'm not sure which is less plausible.

Forgot all about him. Apparently he started off some performing arts school or something like that. Presumably it teaches you how to make it in the business by becoming friends with someone who's already famous before going on to appear in pro-celebrity football matches.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 28/07/2016 at 01:16, Rayvin said:

If anyone has 10 mins going spare I strongly recommend the first ten or so pages of this thread. The ribbing CT gets for his metal detecting and digging up some random old handle is superb, but is topped off by the Fish's infamous frozen grapes moment, introduced seemingly out of nowhere.

This forum has to have one of the best communities out there, like.

Does CT even still do this metal detecting lark?

• Haha 1