Metal Detecting:NSFW. Contains images of boobs and dirt holes, as well as pigeon corpses.

Christmas Tree

Appleby yesterday. Several old coins and a Roman drawer handle.

Lovely little cafe on the river as well. Sorted me out with a delicious bacon sarnie and cup of tea to start the day.

3429d9f7db62a984921ec599ae44cede.jpg

359bdf4ea7950462e8759f767011c3c2.jpg

1b1bfd4ae8a1bd6cdfbb48b00fb0ee06.jpg

a9f6d1368883fc28bd7abdc3adf48bc9.jpg

Edited by Christmas Tree

Why do you think that's a drawer handle?

Just guesses from the experienced heads that were there. One thought it was Georgian, one thought it wasnt a drawer handle. It was in a field that quite a lot of Roman coins were coming out of.

Any suggestions welcome :)

Edited by Christmas Tree

Just guesses from the experienced heads that were there. One thought it was Georgian, one thought it wasnt a drawer handle. It was in a field that quite a lot of Roman coins were coming out of.

Any suggestions welcome :)

something to do with buttsex

I found 50p on the beach the other day with no kit whatsoever.

I'll offer it for the drawer handle CT.

(free shipping, natch)

Edited by trophyshy

:lol:

Just noticed the manky old watch, top left.

Chuck that shit away, man

:lol:

That's the good shit!

Na, the bairn likes to see what I've found and is getting sic of my slide presentations of just old coins.

I'm trying to get one of them into it but nobody's biting :lol: (I'm sure the laddie will get the bug in a couple of years).

That drawer thing on closer inspection looks as though there's been a breakage between the two pointy bits. I'm guessing that's where it snapped.

Off to "scratch" my priceless Roman artefact.

CT man, don't involve your child in this. It's the preserve of utter weirdos. He will never get a girlfriend if word gets out that he goes out metal detecting with his dad on weekends.

CT man, don't involve your child in this. It's the preserve of utter weirdos. He will never get a girlfriend if word gets out that he goes out metal detecting with his dad on weekends.

It's either that or watching Newcastle. Think of the pain and anguish I'll save him from :lol: