Apple Music

ChezGiven

Got the 3 month free trial, played about with it a bit. Gave up, cancelled the automatic renewal and I've just returned to Spotify and my existing media doohickeys.

I'm sure the Jobs will be spinning in his grave at the loss of my custom, but I'm my own man.

You obviously don't enjoy paying lots of money for things like me and Chez.

Apple site says android version due in 'the fall' so I went with them on it.

Aye I'm not signing up for the trial until 'the fall' either. Pointless having it on just the iPad, plus my iPad (2) is creaking badly these days and I don't want to be swayed by how shit my iPad interacts with the app.

Its funny but I haven't even thought about using this on my laptop. Not updated iTunes for ages, I've got smart playlists set up that don't require me to open iTunes but I do most of my lists on the fly now. Anyway, don't see the point in worrying about itunes, the app is fun enough from my phone. For an Apple user it's better than Spotify so I think it's hit the mark. Will get better with time too.

Firstly I fucking hate itunes with a passion. Second, I've just gave Apple Music a whirl to see how it compares to Spotify and it replicated the fucking annoyance of duplicate tracks on to my phone. All I done was said "save for offline" and in some cases its downloaded a track three times. So yeah, that started well :lol:

• 4 months later...

Started the 3 month trial last night.

No home button

Top menu not available in most screens

Have to go back, back, back.... After jumping around.

No "jump to artist" (or album) from a song

No smart playlists

No sync with music bee

The public playlists are going to have to blow me away for it to win me over.

My mate uses the playlists as background music as he's setting up for gigs and the soul and RnB ones are canny. They're far too broad though; one is just "Alternative" is it punk, grunge, indie, rap, what?

Though I'd probably go too specific and demand 70s Power Pop or Southern Rap stations

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

My mate uses the playlists as background music as he's setting up for gigs and the soul and RnB ones are canny. They're far too broad though; one is just "Alternative" is it punk, grunge, indie, rap, what?

Though I'd probably go too specific and demand 70s Power Pop or Southern Rap stations

You have to go to new and playlists, in France i have curated playlists from Colette, Digster, FILTR, Shazam, Pitchfork, DJ mag, Resident Advisor, VICE, Rolling Stone US, NME, Mojo, Q Mag, XL recordings, Domino Records, Young Turks. Some of them are shit obviously.

There are however hundreds of lists in each section, the Resident Advisor and Pitchfork ones are super lush. All the recommends and best new tracks already in a playlist.

Spoitfy is utter shit in comparison. I listen to around 40 to 60 hours of music a week. This month i've spent 200 euros on vinyl already and listen to my mp3 all day when working at home. Apple music shits on everything else. The For You section just keeps suggesting stuff i didnt realise i really wanted to listen to.

Currently listening to The Avalanches Since I left You. Beautiful.

Started the 3 month trial last night.

No home button

Top menu not available in most screens

Have to go back, back, back.... After jumping around.

No "jump to artist" (or album) from a song

No smart playlists

No sync with music bee

The public playlists are going to have to blow me away for it to win me over.

What you on about? Must be different on google. Probably is.

Well i can click on the artist name at anytime to go to the artist page.

Not sure where 'home' is as the concept doesnt really exist.

I've got smart playlists but dont use them as the public partners playlists are too numerous and good and i add my own curated ones.