Carver/Stone sacked

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And who knows maybe even McClaren managing to polish Rivière.

After last season, if Riviere wants first team football he's going to have to polish McClaren. A lot.

Actually I feel a little sorry for Carver, his heart was in the right place but his head was on another planet when he was thrust into Pardew's place. He relished the opportunity, did his best, but sadly his best was abysmal and fell way short in every aspect required of the job.

In reality, he should never have been given the job in the first place and that fault lies somewhere upstairs.

Poor man tried, but he just didn't have the qualifications nor expertise to handle the job facing him, but he thought he did.

Well said Noelie. He should never have been given the gig, most people could see it was a disaster waiting to happen. The whole business is sad.

Depends what you mean by "real good".

The fact that we will hopefully get 6 first teamers will be a fantastic boost.

Where do you get these magical 'hopeful' facts from? I could really do with a few to brighten things up a bit. It's a fact that I am hopefully going to shag Scarlett Johansson tonight, for which she will pay me £1m in used twenties.

Where do you get these magical 'hopeful' facts from? I could really do with a few to brighten things up a bit. It's a fact that I am hopefully going to shag Scarlett Johansson tonight, for which she will pay me £1m in used twenties.

:lol:

Well that's the word from all of the local journos on Twitter. Might of course be bollocks but this just feels like a new dawn, a new day.......

:lol:

Well that's the word from all of the local journos on Twitter. Might of course be bollocks but this just feels like a new dawn, a new day.......

..it's a new buy for me, and I'm finding mud.

John Carver and Steve Stone will leave Newcastle United with immediate effect

Newcastle United have today (Wednesday, 10th June) announced that John Carver and Steve Stone will leave the Club with immediate effect.

Managing director Lee Charnley said: "After discussions with John it was mutually agreed that in the best interests of the Club moving forward, and to enable the new head coach to build his own coaching team, we would go our separate ways.

"John loves Newcastle United and no-one could have worked with more passion and enthusiasm than he did.

"John's connection with the Club dates back to 1979 when he joined as an apprentice. He has always put the Club first and the recent discussions we had only reaffirmed this.

"He is a man of great character and dignity and will always be welcome at Newcastle United. We wish him every success in the future."

John Carver said: "It has been a privilege to serve as head coach of this great football club.

"The fans and the region deserve a successful team and both myself and my support staff worked very hard with the squad that was available to us.

"I would like to thank all of the staff at the Club for their dedication, including Steve Stone in particular. I am also grateful to the owner and to Lee Charnley for their support during my tenure.

"I wish the Club every success for the future and steeled with the experience of the last six months, I am eager and ready for the next challenge."

On Steve Stone , Lee Charnley said: "I would like to place on record our thanks and appreciation to Steve Stone for his contribution to the Club.

"Steve joined us as Academy coach in 2009, before being appointed reserve team assistant manager in July 2010. Steve was subsequently promoted to first team coach under Alan Pardew and, latterly, John Carver , for who he provided tremendous support.

"Like John, we wish Steve all the very best for his future career in the game."

Andy Woodman will remain at the Club in his role as goalkeeping coach. Dave Watson, who joined the first team coaching staff after Alan Pardew 's departure, will return to his role in the Academy as under-18 coach.

John Carver and Steve Stone will leave Newcastle United with immediate effect

"He is a man of great character and dignity and will always be welcome at Newcastle United. "

"Providing he buys a ticket like the rest of you plebs!"

I've heard rumblings of Lee Clark as Number 2, but that doesn't fit with Round's appointment, does it?

That said, I've no idea what kind of coach Clark is. We know he's not a good manager, but perhaps while his tactics are horseshit, his coaching is top rate? :dunno: