Stone Cold Charlie Austin

He scored against us last season, if that helps. Unless you mean you literally only watch Newcastle and ignore the opposition. :D

It would begin to explain some of his football posts

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Would love to see this happen. If we sign Austin I may go full Fish optimism.

I agree we need a couple CB's for sure, but signing Austin for the 12 to 15 M it will probably take would show commitment and be a great start. I think Perez will only get better, Cabella I think will come out and shine next season and maybe De Jong will even have a healthy spell.

I think you've jumped the Fish there, like.

optimistic sounding rumours emerging. another attempt to lure back wavering season ticket holders or a change of heart from the owner? i'll reserve judgement till the window closes.

Apparently the deals nearly done, but QPR and Newcastle still haggling over the fee. The Club is only willing to pay 10 million, still reckon it will be done deal though.

optimistic sounding rumours emerging. another attempt to lure back wavering season ticket holders or a change of heart from the owner? i'll reserve judgement till the window closes.

Probably somewhere in the middle. Definitely trying to get the season ticket holders back on board but even Ashley has to realise that the squad needs some serious investment to avoid any more relegation scares.

I was worried about how many of his goals come from penalties (given we are never awarded any); only 3 of his 18 came from Penalties. (8 from open play, 6 from set pieces, 1 on the counter)

Very right footed.

This.

All the talk coming out at the minute is positive but if it's only talk then as usual it means nothing.

of course we're haggling over the fee

:lol: I fully expect this to be another that can't cross the line then, no doubt Charnley will sit sweating thinking about how 10m is utterly absurd never mind 15m and QPR will sell him to someone else for 12m.