Stone Cold Charlie Austin

I'm not sure about that. I think Colback and Anita both have decent passing, especially if they have someone actual movement ahead of them, although I still have doubts about Anita's physicallity. Tiote clearly isn't the most brilliant passer of the ball but again with more quality with him he seems to settle himself down and play the easy ball (which is potentially enough if he has movement in front and either side and Gini who looks like he can pick a pass). Abeid I'm afraid I don't really rate at all. I'm pretty sure that if we can we'll sell him too.

M81QrvS.gif

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Abeid was pretty decent when he played last season, definitely deserving of a longer first team run.

I dont think its just about having an out and out winger. Its about someone who can regularly put in decent crosses for the likes of Mitrovic. Can we rely on Janmaat to do that game after game? Not sure. Sissoko/Cabella from the wings? Big maybe.

Not worth paying 8+ million for a player with one year on his contract left and from a team who are in need of the money in a lower league than us. His worth to qpr will dwindle as I think they'll be desperate to sell so we should just wait it out .

I think the bigger picture is that, if we rate him and want him, £8m is a snip for a (relatively, at least) proven PL goal scorer.

Thought Abeid was pretty decent when he played last season, definitely deserving of a longer first team run.

I dont think its just about having an out and out winger. Its about someone who can regularly put in decent crosses for the likes of Mitrovic. Can we rely on Janmaat to do that game after game? Not sure. Sissoko/Cabella from the wings? Big maybe.

Thought he had a couple of decent games before he got injured but then came back and looked poor. Admittedly he came back into a team massively lacking in cofidence and missing several key players. I'm not saying he's definitely not good enough but I've certainly not seen anything in him so far that suggests he's worth a game ahead of Colback, Anita, Sissoko, Tiote, or Gini.

Colback deserves his place based on last season. Not sure where Tiote's head is. Anita is a completely different type of player.

Abeid didnt do anything spectacular but for a first proper run in this league I thought he showed promise. Physically strong, great engine, neat on the pass and did his job as a DM pretty efficiently. Also supposed to have a decent shot on him though we didnt see any evidence of that. I wouldnt put him ahead of Colback but I think if we're going to play a proper DM next season he should have a shot at it.

He was our best midfielder last season so definitely starts for me.

Deano alert but as things start, should we line up like this up top?

-----------Tiote ---Colback

Sissoko---Winjaldum---Cabella

-------------Mitrovic

Dreadful is definitely a bit too far. As other posters have said though, we've seen his limits now. He's not ever going to be any better than he was last season. In last season's utterly dire team he was good enough (more than good enough to be fair to him), but if we have any intention of moving up the table he should definitely be a squad player rather than a guaranteed starter.

Colback is a decent lower end of the table PL player imo, if we want higher then he should be a squad player rather than a starter every week. He's tidy in possession, good professional and works off the ball, so I've no qualms about him covering for injured players or getting runs in the side if others are out of form.

With the players we have he was the best CM over the season so unless Anita/Abeid starts producing or Tiote gets back to his form from a few years ago it's hard to argue against his inclusion. If we signed wingers and played Sissoko in central midfield alongside Wijnaldum with De Jong ahead of him then he'd probably lose his place.

Colback is a below average, lower premiership midfielder. Doesn't do anything particularly well, but isn't offensively bad.

If everyone was fully fit and playing well, I would go for

Tiote Wijnaldum

Sissoko De Jong Cabella

Mitrovic

I'd like to see us play the old fashioned way with a couple of wingers a centre forward and an inside right and inside left 3 in midfield and a left back and a right back it's not rocket science.

Colback is a below average, lower premiership midfielder. Doesn't do anything particularly well, but isn't offensively bad.

If everyone was fully fit and playing well, I would go for

Tiote Wijnaldum

Sissoko De Jong Cabella

Mitrovic

This looks about right, so far.

Edited by ChezGiven