Keegan in Cayman!

scoobos

How do we know he lives in the Cayman Islands? It's well documented on Cayman island forums who lives there and the residents themselves make no mention of a scoobos? Do we just believe this scoobos?

/makom

Got the ticket, everyone will eat with Kevin and then have a chat / autograph session.

That got me thinking, other than 1 thing I've got no questions to ask really, if anyone on here has a burning question they've always wanted to ask Keegan, let me know and I'll do my best to get them asked when I meet him.

Right..... another wank I think.

Does he remember the time I pulled into his drive in Wynyard as he was loading a horse onto a lorry. My car backfired, the horse reared and I got a similar stare to the one Beresford got before being hauled off.

I'm sure he will :lol:

Got the ticket, everyone will eat with Kevin and then have a chat / autograph session.

That got me thinking, other than 1 thing I've got no questions to ask really, if anyone on here has a burning question they've always wanted to ask Keegan, let me know and I'll do my best to get them asked when I meet him.

Right..... another wank I think.

He'll probably say he wouldn't have changed a thing but I'd ask him if there's one thing he could have done in hindsight in 95/96 to make it happem, what would it have been.

Brilliant night, it was like a comedy show lots of laughter.

CT sorry, he didn't remember.

I dared ask NJS's question and got a very long answer with lots of anecdotes, and I was on my 2nd bucket of caybrew - here's snippets of the answer:

He would have got behind Alex ferguson in 96 to be in pictures with his face so unhappy after the 5-0 win. (lots of jibes at man u and ferguson through it, although he did keep saying he respected him BUT)

In 95/96 he wouldn't have stopped the rant, "I may have lost it a bit there" but I meant it and I wouldn't change it.

He told a story about Steve Watson saying he was a great lad, but not the brightest - keegan asked before a match (think stoke, sorry was pissed?) for Watson to let his man see the inside, his opposing player was weaker on that foot and would try come across him.

Keegan said "now I thought any footballer would understand that". Each time Steve's man ran at him, he just stepped aside and let him run through the inside, going on to score twice.

Team were 2 nil down at half time

At Half Time Keegan said sorry lad, but why would you let him just run through you like that, get your kit off and get in the bath, your games over today. Then having sent him off looking all gutted, Mcdermott comes in and says that another key defender has a strain and needs to be taken off , can't play the second half. So Keegan had to go back with his tail between his legs and tell steve to get his kit on again and get ready for the 2nd half. Went on to lose 3-0

There was loads of stories all through, and the general impression I got is Keegan's a bit bitter about the whole Man U saga, He enjoyed ribbing Ferguson and Cantona in the changing room area after the 5-0 and made many mentions of man u's ability to rule goals offside or use extra time for dodgy penalties etc.

Was very funny.

My question was a boring one, best and worst players

He said he wouldnt say the worst one, but then did - 10,000 signing in league 2? at Newcastle who could tackle but couldn't do anything with the ball.

Best was a few, but he specifically named Ginola as the most skilled and Rob Lee . Can elaborate if anyones interested.

Edited by scoobos

Yeah, the paper took one so I have to wait until its published before I get it. Got my Robson era shirt signed by him, ran out of space now though, got a Newcastle First Goal photo (against QPR) signed and another replica blue star shirt.

Was nice to chat to him though, he is a fun loving fella.