Happy Waterloo day everyone!

Kevin Carr's Gloves

:good:

Just so you know, because I realise how uneducated you are young sir.

"Scotland Forever" was what the Gordon and Cameron Highlanders shouted as the union brigade (headed by the Scots Greys) charged the 45th and where Sergeant Euart (a Scots Grey) captured their imperial eagle.

so nah nah na nah nah

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

Just so you know abecause I realise how uneducated you are young sir.

"Scotland Forever" was what the GOrdon and Cameron Highlanders shouted as the union brigade (headed by the Scots Greys) charged the 45th and where Sergeant Euart (a Scots Grey) captured their imperial eagle.

so nah nah na nah nah

:lol:

Well aren't you a cheeky Wee Highland Laddie

(and yes, I'm a gobby sassenach)

Edited by The Fish

Just so you know, because I realise how uneducated you are young sir.

"Scotland Forever" was what the Gordon and Cameron Highlanders shouted as the union brigade (headed by the Scots Greys) charged the 45th and where Sergeant Euart (a Scots Grey) captured their imperial eagle.

so nah nah na nah nah

Seeing as they were fighting on behalf of Great Britain, the British Empire and indeed their sausage sucking Bosch/Hun/Kraut king I think claiming the Jocks at Waterloo were fighting for some sense of independent nationhood is taking things a bit far tbh...

Edited by PaddockLad

Seeing as they were fighting on behalf of Great Britain, the British Empire and indeed their sausage sucking Bosch/Hun/Kraut king I think claiming the Jocks at Waterloo were fighting for some sense of independent nationhood is taking things a bit far tbh...

Wouldn't read too much into it, just a Company slogan, isn't it?

Of course I said none of that.

Of course I said none of that.

I know. Why did they, as you opened this thread claiming, go into battle screeching "Scotland forever" then?....it just seems a bit of a strange thing to use as a war cry when fighting to preserve a worldwide mercantile empire under a German king.

I know. Why did they, as you opened this thread claiming, go into battle screeching "Scotland forever" then?....it just seems a bit of a strange thing to use as a war cry when fighting to preserve a worldwide mercantile empire under a German king.

I don't know nobody asked them. It is however documented in a lot of soldiers memoirs that they did.