Sebastian Prödl Defender Watford Werder Bremen Full Ownership
James McClean Midfielder West Brom Wigan Full Ownership
Dimitri Payet Striker West Ham Marseille Full Ownership
Pedro Obiang Midfielder West Ham Sampdoria Full Ownership

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delph is apparently off to Man City because he hasn't learnt a fucking thing from Moses, Parker, Rodwell, Sinclair, Sidwell...

Delph is apparently off to Man City because he hasn't learnt a fucking thing from Moses, Parker, Rodwell, Sinclair, Sidwell...

Thing about premier league footballers is that they all think they can make the step up, its that belief that got them where they are.

He'll look at those players and think he's different

Thing about premier league footballers is that they all think they can make the step up, its that belief that got them where they are.

He'll look at those players and think he's different

Yeah probably. To be fair, players like Milner and Barry have joined clubs with revolving door recruitment policies and have become important parts of their sides. That said, I expect Delph to be turning out for Stoke or the like in 2-3 years time.

Yeah probably. To be fair, players like Milner and Barry have joined clubs with revolving door recruitment policies and have become important parts of their sides. That said, I expect Delph to be turning out for Stoke or the like in 2-3 years time.

That's no lower than he is now though as a villa player, and he'll make some daft money and get a shot at winning something.

I'd do it if I were him, wouldn't be thinking "ah, better stay where I am in case I don't make it."

That's no lower than he is now though as a villa player, and he'll make some daft money and get a shot at winning something.

I'd do it if I were him, wouldn't be thinking "ah, better stay where I am in case I don't make it."

I just see so many young footballers kill their career by sitting on the bench of a massive club too early. Look at Rodwell, for example. One of the brightest prospects in English football, now reduced to a utility role at one of the league's perennial relegation dodgers. Ditto Sinclair.

Delph could, with one more year or so, get a move to Spurs, or Southampton or maybe even Liverpool or Man Utd, and do so as a guaranteed starter, rather than a guaranteed bench warmer. I don't care how good you think you are, the odds are against you when the buying club could afford to buy the best player on the planet in your position.

Milner is the consummate professional, he's managed his career so well. I'm always chuffed for him, as he's a fantastic footballer and has been for years and years. How he's avoided the "golden boy" / "Englands best hope" media bollocks is beyond me. He should coach youngsters on career management when he's finished as a player.

Milner is the consummate professional, he's managed his career so well. I'm always chuffed for him, as he's a fantastic footballer and has been for years and years. How he's avoided the "golden boy" / "Englands best hope" media bollocks is beyond me. He should coach youngsters on career management when he's finished as a player.

He did well to get the fuck out of newcastle, that's for sure.

Still reckon he's overrated

He's not that good a player though that's how he's avoided all the hype. It became obvious as soon as he arrived here he was never going to set the world alight. Consumate professional though so fair play to him for that but he comes accross as a bit of a boring twat.

He's not that good a player though that's how he's avoided all the hype. It became obvious as soon as he arrived here he was never going to set the world alight. Consumate professional though so fair play to him for that but he comes accross as a bit of a boring twat.

I think he's cursed/blessed with talent in equal measures. Not too flashy to receive unrealistic hype, but good enough to perform at the highest level and be important in title challenging sides.

Can perform at a high level in any one of the many roles on the pitch, translating the coaches instructions to performances consistently. He'll never win awards, but I bet his managers would praise him above others you'd expect.

As Keegan quickly spotted, he's better suited playing in the middle but has suffered a bit from his versatility and just getting on with it when asked to play full back or wherever. Wish him all the best because of the way he handles himself on and off the pitch.

Palace agree a fee with PSG for Cabaye...12mill for a 29 year old + 12 million for 30 year old Ashley Williams from Swansea= the reason Alan Pardew left Newcastle United...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3152737/Yohan-Cabaye-close-Crystal-Palace-club-agree-fee-Paris-Saint-Germain.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchan

tbf these are the sort of deals that can sink clubs for a decade or so should the worst happen....and lets face it, in August there is usually a dozen clubs who could conceivably go down regardless of how much they've spent. Norwich spring to mind the last time they went down, spent a fortune on players that summer....Ricky Van Wolfswinkel :lol: Am a tiny bit surprised theyre back so soon, but Alex Neil had a huge impact on arrival and the parachute payments obviously help.

Edited by PaddockLad