Other Clubs' Transfers

The Fish

Villa going for Ayew...the sort of player I think we should consider...

EDIT - Different Ayew to the one I was thinking of :lol: Will teach me to just skim headlines.

Edited by Rayvin

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ba has moved to China...weird decision that, but I guess it's the money he's chasing.

Although it's Shanghai Shenhua, and I've move to Shanghai in a heartbeat, so I can't criticise really.

I'm sure that when he signed for us, there was talk about his agent had a "plan" for him which basically amounted to having a good season at us, getting a move to a Champions League club for the pay-rise and going from there. With the Chelsea move not panning out perfectly (in the sense of starting every week), it makes sense that the only place they'd get comparable wage packets would be a club like Shanghai Shenhua.

Yeah. Now that he's decided he doesn't want a pay cut to play in a legitimate league, he can be racially abused for 100k a week in China, Russia or the Middle East. It's always good to have options.

Southampton have signed Steven Caulker on loan from QPR.

That is a signing we could've done with I reckon.

Hard not to be envious of Southampton's approach.

Been relegated twice and everyone thinks he's decent, for some reason

When I look at Caulker, I see a solid midtable centre back that's signed for the wrong team twice.

I look at him starting loads of games in sides that were regularly getting hidings.

:lol:

That's fair. :dunno: I think he's a decent player let down by his teammates though. Much like Austin/Ings.

Villa to sign Adebayor & Berbatov? Wouldn't need to defend that, just throw a decent sized fitted sheet over them both.

Villa to sign Adebayor & Berbatov? Wouldn't need to defend that, just throw a decent sized fitted sheet over them both.

Mike Williamson (right) fends off a darting run from Dimitar Berbatov