Other Clubs' Transfers

The Fish

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£60m...

That's fucking mental. He plays in Silva's position doesn't he? How is that going to work...

They want to compete on 4 fronts which means they need depth, De Bruyne can comfortably play in any of those 3 behind the striker positions.

tbh Navas has started the season well but is VERY one dimensional, I reckon first choice will be Sterling, Silva and De Bruyne behind Aguero

which is ridiculous

I thought City over relied on Silva last season and if he wasn't on song then they always seemed to struggle. Navas is a decent player but not someone who's really going to run a game. With Sterling and De Bruyne in there as well they'll be much better balanced and much stronger.

This still all within the bounds of FFP then? I sincerely hope so cos I'm sure UEFA will come down on them hard if it isn't.

UEFA backed down pretty pathetically with their FFP punishments for City and PSG, the legal challenges are still ongoing.

It looks like FFP, in its current guise at least, is on its way out tbh.

What do we make of WBA turning down £22m for Berahino btw? He did get 20 goals for a poor team last year, but I can't bring myself to think he's actually all that good for some reason...

£21m for Pedro.

Aye there's better out there for less and much better for a little more.

Has Lacazette signed a new deal recently? If not, I'd rather spend £30m on him than £22m on Berahino.

Edited by The Fish

£36m for Martial to Man Utd shortly after Van Gaal said there would be no panic signings, I've heard he's a good player but that much for potential is steep especially given they need a striker that can come in and score plenty now.

Has he even been that good for Monaco? I've heard of him before but nothing to say he's going to be class or anything.

9 goals in 35 last season for Monaco, so nowt special for them. Especially considering Perez (who's only about 18 month older) got 7 in 36 for us in the Prem and we paid £2m-ish. I've seen him on lists touting him as one for the future but even for a lad that's just under 20 it's not a particularly astounding goal record especially given it's in France, unless they're all sub appearances?

Edited by Howay