Other Clubs' Transfers

The Fish

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Downing looks like he's turning down sunderland and is returning to Boro instead and Lombaerts has failed his medical. Mackems starting to get worried.

Good.

Downing looks like he's turning down sunderland and is returning to Boro instead and Lombaerts has failed his medical. Mackems starting to get worried.

Good.

Downing looked canny anytime I saw him play last season and iirc he played basically every game, quite surprised he's leaving and that he's leaving for a Championship side (not saying I blame him for turning down the tramps just surprised no other Prem sides are interested).

Also sad that the whole Man Utd being shite for a little bit is now completely over (I know they did canny last season but the prior season gave hope), the double signing of Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger completely revamps their central midfield and now it looks like they're going on a fuck FFP tear.

Downing looked canny anytime I saw him play last season and iirc he played basically every game, quite surprised he's leaving and that he's leaving for a Championship side (not saying I blame him for turning down the tramps just surprised no other Prem sides are interested).

I think there were a couple of teams interested, but all around the bottom half of the table and maybe he just wanted an easier retirement?

Also sad that the whole Man Utd being shite for a little bit is now completely over (I know they did canny last season but the prior season gave hope), the double signing of Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger completely revamps their central midfield and now it looks like they're going on a fuck FFP tear.

They still need to sort their defence out, but aye that happy moment in time seems done and dusted.

Aye that Damain helps a lot but they definitely need a CB. FFP is working really well :crying: .

To be fair to Downing I get the move if all that was interested was lower Prem sides, gets to go back to a place where he'll be a hero and to be fair that Karanka has them playing very well.

All my Boro supporting mates are sure that Downing will be going back there.

Great signing for them if true. Is he 31 now? A season getting them up and a season in the prem then retire at his home town club.

Better than Woodgate's last few seasons at Boro "allegedly" getting wrecked and doing "substances" at a bar that rhymes with "the chickens" near Teesside Uni.*

* Definitely haven't seen this personally, and it is all conjecture.

Benteke to Man Utd for £32.5m? That is a lot of money for him. I know it's his release clause, but £32.5m? There must be a striker out there that they could pick up for around that much?

I don't think it's too bad of a deal really. A young striker who's got a few impressive seasons under his belt in the PL. A goal every other game over three seasons in a side as shit as Villa is good going. I just think you don't hear as much about him as you should because he plays for a side nobody gives two shits about.

Mad, the amount of money premier league clubs are splashing out on players that are far from the unfinished article. The 30-50m fees splashed on sterling and benteke, you'd think you'd pick up a top international star from Madrid or Barcelona for that. How much did Arsenal pay for Sanchez again? Maybe they have to pay a premium to convince players to swap the Mediterranean for Salford.

Mad, the amount of money premier league clubs are splashing out on players that are far from the unfinished article. The 30-50m fees splashed on sterling and benteke, you'd think you'd pick up a top international star from Madrid or Barcelona for that. How much did Arsenal pay for Sanchez again? Maybe they have to pay a premium to convince players to swap the Mediterranean for Salford.

Sanchez was £35m, Hazard was £32m...

Edited by The Fish

Benteke to Man Utd for £32.5m? That is a lot of money for him. I know it's his release clause, but £32.5m? There must be a striker out there that they could pick up for around that much?

How many better, available, strikers are there?

Sanchez was £35m, Hazard was £32m...

Sanchez was a bargain, Lots of people were talking about the fee for Hazard being high for someone unproven in a higher league and only 19 or whatever he was at the time.

Sanchez was a bargain, Lots of people were talking about the fee for Hazard being high for someone unproven in a higher league and only 19 or whatever he was at the time.

Well if you love Benteke so much, why don't you marry him?!

;)

He's a decent player, but he's not worth £32.5m and I don't think he's a Champions League level striker. He should be going for the same kind of price as Remy imo

Benzema off the top of my head.

Is Benzema available? Hes Real Madrids only out and out striker and a huge part of why Ronaldo is so effective.

No chance hes going anywhere for less than that 32.5 million.

Is Benzema available? Hes Real Madrids only out and out striker and a huge part of why Ronaldo is so effective.

No chance hes going anywhere for less than that 32.5 million.

Lewandowski?

Lacazette?

Mandzukic (sp?)

Well if you love Benteke so much, why don't you marry him?!

;)

He's a decent player, but he's not worth £32.5m and I don't think he's a Champions League level striker. He should be going for the same kind of price as Remy imo

Amongst current PL players for the last 3 seasons only Aguero has scored more goals than Benteke. In the last three years Benteke has scored the same number of league goals as Lukaku, in 14 less appearances.. They are of a similar age. Is Lukaku CL quality?

Remy is four years older and not as good.