Other Clubs' Transfers

The Fish

Amongst current PL players for the last 3 seasons only Aguero has scored more goals than Benteke. In the last three years Benteke has scored the same number of league goals as Lukaku, in 14 less appearances.. They are of a similar age. Is Lukaku CL quality?

Remy is four years older and not as good.

Austin and Berahino scored more than Benteke, are young, would cost less and would fulfill Home Grown quota. None of the 3 are good enough for Man Utd, who needn't limit themselves to Premier League players.

Aguero was one of the top talents on the planet and Man City paid £38m for his services, I'm sure Man Utd could stump up a little more for a striker who is much better than Benteke.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Austin and Berahino scored more than Benteke, are young, would cost less and would fulfill Home Grown quota. None of the 3 are good enough for Man Utd, who needn't limit themselves to Premier League players.

Aguero was one of the top talents on the planet and Man City paid £38m for his services, I'm sure Man Utd could stump up a little more for a striker who is much better than Benteke.

Yeah Austin is pretty young. He's almost as young as Benteke ffs.

I am comparing goal scoring numbers for the last three seasons because we're talking about established strikers.
Yep. Aguero is one of the top talents on the planet and he's statistically the only guy with a better record than Benteke since Benteke came to the PL.
Man City paid £38 for Aguero in 2011. You know better than to compare current valuations of players to transfers from four years ago. It's a totally different landscape. Shall I dig out the figures on the number of club record transfer fees in the last two years again? I'll fucking do it. I swear. Don't make me.
Yes. Man U could 'stump up a little more' for a player better than Benteke, but your point was that Benteke isn't worth £32.5m. So surely they shouldn't have to 'stump up more' for a better player.
Edited by toonotl

Yeah Austin is pretty young. He's almost as young as Benteke ffs.

I am comparing goal scoring numbers for the last three seasons because we're talking about established strikers.
Yep. Aguero is one of the top talents on the planet and he's statistically the only guy with a better record than Benteke since Benteke came to the PL.
Man City paid £38 for Aguero in 2011. You know better than to compare current valuations of players to transfers from four years ago. It's a totally different landscape. Shall I dig out the figures on the number of club record transfer fees in the last two years again? I'll fucking do it. I swear. Don't make me.
Yes. Man U could 'stump up a little more' for a player better than Benteke, but your point was that Benteke isn't worth £32.5m. So surely they shouldn't have to 'stump up more' for a better player.

Course they would, but it would be closer to that player's market value. Benteke is grossly over-priced at £32.5m

Course they would, but it would be closer to that player's market value.

This statement is not even wrong. So I won't bother attempting to refute it.

Benteke is grossly over-priced at £32.5m

Yeah. You said that. I am aware that's your opinion. In fact, it's the reason we're having this discussion.

This statement is not even wrong. So I won't bother attempting to refute it.

Yeah. You said that. I am aware that's your opinion. In fact, it's the reason we're having this discussion.

Man Utd could definitely get a much better striker for close to that striker's actual value. Lewandowski, for example, may cost £35m, but that's still much closer to his value than £32.5m is to Benteke's.

Lewandowski?

Lacazette?

Mandzukic (sp?)

Lewandwoski would cost more and no guarantee he would even consider the move, Lacazette maybe, Mandzukic is 29 and has just moved to Juventus.

I think I'm gonna bookmark the thread and savour this discussion this evening over a glass of grapes chilled wine. I cannot wait to see how it plays out. Which player IS the closest to their market value? It's so exciting I could scream.

I think I'm gonna bookmark the thread and savour this discussion this evening over a glass of grapes chilled wine. I cannot wait to see how it plays out. Which player IS the closest to their market value? It's so exciting I could scream.

Go fuck a blender.

Man Utd could definitely get a much better striker for close to that striker's actual value.

Of course they could. I'm not saying the couldn't because it's an obviously true statement. When you don't provide any example of who you're talking about it's a meaningless statement.

Man Utd could definitely get a much better striker for close to that striker's actual value. Lewandowski, for example, may cost £35m, but that's still much closer to his value than £32.5m is to Benteke's.

Good. I managed to drag an actual example out of you.

Yes. Lewandowski may cost £35m, he may cost a lot more than that. Are Bayern even willing to sell? Is Lewandowski keen to move? What sort of wage would Lewandowski want? I imagine it would be huge, much bigger than any wage Benteke would command. So what is the actual comparative fee for these completely hypothetical (Fuck off Gem :lol: ) transfers?

Of course they could. I'm not saying the couldn't because it's an obviously true statement. When you don't provide any example of who you're talking about it's a meaningless statement.

Good. I managed to drag an actual example out of you.

Yes. Lewandowski may cost £35m, he may cost a lot more than that. Are Bayern even willing to sell? Is Lewandowski keen to move? What sort of wage would Lewandowski want? I imagine it would be huge, much bigger than any wage Benteke would command. So what is the actual comparative fee for these completely hypothetical (Fuck off Gem :lol: ) transfers?

:lol:

Exactly how much detail are you demanding now? From a seemingly reasonable and uncontentious statement (Man Utd will be paying over the odds for a decent but not brilliant striker) I've now got to do their fucking scouting and negotiating for them? What would RL want? I dunno quite a lot, probably around the same as CB. They'll demand a lot because one of the biggest clubs on the planet is spending a shit tonne of money for their services.

We can get back to why the 2nd best striker in the league isn't worth the current rate for a quality player, if you'd like.

original.gif

original.gif

jLhB4Lf.png

Notice anything about the players around him in that table? What teams do those players play for? Not fucking shithouse Aston Villa that's for sure. I wonder what he could do at a team like Man Utd. Maybe Man Utd are wondering the same thing.

Edited by toonotl

Benteke is a better striker than Rooney and Giroud.

tumblr_inline_njh9ow2uQT1roo49l.gif

Also, Man Utd aren't somehow restricted to shopping in the Premier League for their Striking needs.

Benteke is a better striker than Rooney and Giroud.

Statistically. Dave. Based on goals scored. I'm not suggesting Benteke is a better all around player than Rooney or Giroud. I'm showing you that he has a better record than them since he joined the league.

You haven't shown anything.

Also, Man Utd aren't somehow restricted to shopping in the Premier League for their Striking needs.

I didn't suggest Man Utd were restricted to the PL. There is value in buying players already playing in the PL. Of those players, I am suggesting that the second highest goalscorer over the last three seasons playing for a dogshit club is probably a pretty good player. I think that makes him worth £32.5m given the current market. Why isn't he? You still haven't provided any reason.

Edited by toonotl

Statistically. Dave. Based on goals scored. I'm not suggesting Benteke is better than Rooney or Giroud. I'm showing you that he has a better record than them since he joined the league.

You haven't shown anything.

I fucking have like, if nothing else I've shown saintly tolerance for your horseshit. ;)

I can't make it any simpler than saying that Man Utd could tootle off and sign Lewandowski (who is a better striker than Benteke) regardless of his wage demands. Basically, your lob on for Benteke is missing the point. He's overpriced and Man Utd could do better (I've listed at least 3 strikers that would suffice so don't give me the "haven't shown anything" nonsense.).

Yeah. Man Utd could sign Lewandowski. For more, a lot more. So what's your point? Lewandowski is better than Benteke and will also cost more. Yeah. No shit.

I don't give a shit about Benteke. I give less of a shit about Man Utd. I don't know why I'm wasting my evening on this bullcrap but your argument is nonsense. The carry on about what player's are worth all the fucking time. The transfer market is so volatile now I don't know how you can say so-and-so isn't worth x with a straight face.

Here's an example. What's Stirling worth? I'll tell you. He's worth £50m. Do you know why? Because that's what Man City paid for him. Do you know what Benteke is worth? What ever Man Utd want to pay for him. I think Man Utd have people smarter than you and I evaluating player's market value. I agree with their assessment. You don't. Cool. What's your opinion worth? Fuck all. ;)

Yeah. Man Utd could sign Lewandowski. For more, a lot more. So what's your point? Lewandowski is better than Benteke and will also cost more. Yeah. No shit.

I don't give a shit about Benteke. I give less of a shit about Man Utd. I don't know why I'm wasting my evening on this bullcrap but your argument is nonsense. The carry on about what player's are worth all the fucking time. The transfer market is so volatile now I don't know how you can say so-and-so isn't worth x with a straight face.

Here's an example. What's Stirling worth? I'll tell you. He's worth £50m. Do you know why? Because that's what Man City paid for him. Do you know what Benteke is worth? What ever Man Utd want to pay for him. I think Man Utd have people smarter than you and I evaluating player's market value. I agree with their assessment. You don't. Cool. What's your opinion worth? Fuck all. ;)

Alreet you massive radge packet, chill your beans .

It's feel fucking simple. Man Utd can afford to buy whoever they fucking want, have the appeal to lure most of the world's stars, so why would they spend that much on a decent striker when they could either spend less on similar (Austin) or a little more on much, much better (Lewandowski). You're the one banging about how fucking spectacular Benteke is, I made a fairly uncontentious point, that you've taken umbrage with. By the way, Stevie made the same point and hasn't had to put up with any of your mithering.

It now looks like he's off to Liverpool anyway, which is perhaps the limit of his level. :finger:

Liverpool have met Benteke's release clause.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Davey. Get on the blower. We can get them Lewandowski if we're quick. Think of the thanks we'll get Dave. It'll be grapice filled wine as far as the eye can see.