Alexandar Mitrovic

The Fish

There's an Italian restuarant in Toowoomba called 'Woggies'. There was a huge stink about the name when it opened. The bloke running the place got massive attention, and free advertising, because of it. Very clever if deliberate.

There's an Italian restuarant in Toowoomba called 'Woggies'. There was a huge stink about the name when it opened. The bloke running the place got massive attention, and free advertising, because of it. Very clever if deliberate.

And yet they were okay with living in a town named Toowoomba?

And yet they were okay with living in a town named Toowoomba?

It's the ancestral name given to the land by its indigenous owners. Somewhere along the way, we stopped doing the British thing of naming things as though they never had a name to begin with, and started to respect other people's culture. After we shot a bunch of 'em. :wink2:

Wog is a general slur for Europeans in Australia. Its pretty offensive in the UK however and means something slightly different ;)

It was mainly used for Mediterraneans, would never use it say to the Dutch,Germans or Scandinavians,

Yep. I wouldn't even say that people take offence to the term in Australia. Greeks and Italians will often use the term to refer to themselves. There is a movie named Wog Boy for example. Of course the PC nuts will jump on it like they did with the restaurant I mentioned, but generally people don't give a shit.

Didn't know it was super-offensive in the UK though. That's interesting.

If I was NUFC I'd give him 24hours to sign and then tell him to fuck off. We've had his whole family over here and he's basically holding out for a better offer from Roma/Porto. Roma have already fucked him off for Dzeko

If I was NUFC I'd give him 24hours to sign and then tell him to fuck off. We've had his whole family over here and he's basically holding out for a better offer from Roma/Porto. Roma have already fucked him off for Dzeko

I'd agree if we were in a better bargaining position, but I don't think we are.

If we already had picked up Austin (or whomever) then maybe we could afford to risk losing him, but as it stands I think he holds the power.

Yeah. Pretty much. I think we just need to sit tight and see what happens. I would imagine this sort of thing is quite common, just normally not so public. Obvious the bloke's Dad can't keep his big mouth shut to save himself.

It seems his father is going to be a problem if we do sign him. So I might be a little hesitant if I was the club.

I'd expect we're selling the club to Mitrovic as a stepping stone, that being the case I think any agent/relative/adviser is going to be a pain in the arse.

It seems his father is going to be a problem if we do sign him. So I might be a little hesitant if I was the club.

Aye same, this kid will have to be special to be worth the hassle/ego he seems to be bringing with him.

Considering he seems to have trouble keeping weight off as well he sounds like another wasted potential story waiting to happen.

There just aren't many good out and out strikers about anymore, especially for clubs like us.

Obviously steered clear of the trophy room!

It seems to be a regular ploy now, fans send pictures of the bridges via Twitter, club shows him the ground and a walk down grey street and then hoy a contract under the players nose

I don't know why anyone would expect a player who's just played in the champions league (and can be again this season) to be desperate to come here. Obviously the signing of Gini (no way am I going to attempt to spell his surname after the weekend I've just had) proves we can convince them to come but if they have a possibility to go to massive club over us it makes total sense that they would want to wait and see if that comes off. There's no use taking offense at the player or threatenin to walk away unless we get to the point where we can no longer risk waiting.