Alexandar Mitrovic

The Fish

Cool, I guess this means the end of the hunt for Austin.

I know literally nowt about this lad other than bits I've read but it sounds like he might be suited to playing alongside Cisse or Perez?

Cool, I guess this means the end of the hunt for Austin.

I know literally nowt about this lad other than bits I've read but it sounds like he might be suited to playing alongside Cisse or Perez?

Few journos/hacks saying the plan was always to bring in 2 strikers.

Few journos/hacks saying the plan was always to bring in 2 strikers.

Think bringing two in will be with Cisse leaving. If Cisse stays Mitro/Perez/Cisse/De Jong and Rivere as an absolute last resort if the other 4 are completely fucked is fine with me, I'd rather spend the money elsewhere.

Well that was exciting, wonder who our next near buy will be.

Get in, now this is what I was talking about when I was saying I missed the radge transfer sagas that end well the other week.

Talented kid by all accounts and I fully agree with AH that our radge packet quota has been shockingly low, so this helps. We might not be completely fucking dull to watch this season.

Think bringing two in will be with Cisse leaving. If Cisse stays Mitro/Perez/Cisse/De Jong and Rivere as an absolute last resort if the other 4 are completely fucked is fine with me, I'd rather spend the money elsewhere.

Think de Jong will move up that pecking order (if he stays fit), but yeah I'm ok with that.

Mitrovic, Austin, Perez, de Jong, Riviere is canny, especially if Perez is played as an inside forward & de Jong as a atttacking mid

Very pleased with this signing, hope Austin is still on as well. Two 8-figure fees being spent suddenly gives a little credence to the idea that we might be competitive this year, although both have also been signed with resale value in mind.

Mbemba (sp?) was also absent from training and hopefully he's next through the door. He was named in the Belgian team of the season, as well as Mitrovic, and I read a belgian pundit saying he's the best defender in the country. As well he might be, considering he admits to being 4 years older than his official birthday.

I think the issue with Austin is he has 12months left on his contract. Makes sense to knock down his price or sign him on a pre contract. Rumours he has a knee issue which may complicate a medical too. Although Ba passed so it's probably Derek Wright just making players hop on one leg before we clear them as medically sound

I think the issue with Austin is he has 12months left on his contract. Makes sense to knock down his price or sign him on a pre contract. Rumours he has a knee issue which may complicate a medical too. Although Ba passed so it's probably Derek Wright just making players hop on one leg before we clear them as medically sound

There doesn't seem to be a large number or Premier League clubs chasing him, maybe about the knee issue?

We've had roughly 15 posts on here this afternoon about him. There's a 15 page thread on RTG that's only hours old :lol:

Scored less goals than Altidore in a worse league.

1 in 13 at international level.

Shite.

The bitterness oozing out of this post is phenomenal!

Has he missed any substantial time with the knee issue? I remember it being talked about when QPR bought him as some other team pulled out because of it and since then he has scored 35 league goals for QPR in 66 games. Or is it more of a Ba 'it could possibly screw up and if it does he'll never play again' type of thing?

The bitterness oozing out of this post is phenomenal!

Especially as Dozy was 21 and 22 those years at AZ, when he was 20 and 19 (Mitrovic's age when he was scoring for Anderlecht) he went 1 goal in 12 games at Bursaspor and 1 goal in 28 games at Hull.

Altidore had 2 good scoring years at AZ but never scored with any sort of regularity before that, in comparison Mitrovic managed 10 in 25 then 3 in 3 (before moving to Anderlect) with Partizan and 7 goals in 25 games in the Serbian 2nd division when he was about 16. Mitrovic is highly rated and has always had media hailing him as class, Altidore got a bit of hype off those 2 seasons but he was a fucking abomination that season on loan at Hull so it wasn't too much of a stretch to imagine he'd be shit.

Has he missed any substantial time with the knee issue? I remember it being talked about when QPR bought him as some other team pulled out because of it and since then he has scored 35 league goals for QPR in 66 games. Or is it more of a Ba 'it could possibly screw up and if it does he'll never play again' type of thing?

He's missed a lot of time due to repeatedly dislocating his shoulder, but I can't find much about a knee problem.