Alexandar Mitrovic

The Fish

His celebration makes sense now, his tongue's basically lolling out of his mouth as standard.

Maybe if he puts his teeth back in it won't loll around as much.

Good to see they waited until Cisse is gone before they printed the number 9 on his shirt.

Edited by sammynb

Aleksandar Mitrovic holds a Newcastle United Shirt in the tunnel at St.James' Park

Raring to go: Aleksandar Mitrovic can't wait to get started
Aleksandar Mitrovic wants to emulate his heroes Alan Shearer and Didier Drogba after a £12.5million switch to Newcastle.
The Serbian striker has pledged to bring “goals, aggression and fight” to the club.
Mitrovic insists he has always followed Newcastle's fortunes, and is ready to shoulder the “pressure” of being their fourth most expensive signing ever.
He has signed a five-year deal at St James' Park and takes United's spending to £26m this summer.
Mitrovic said: “I’m aggressive, strong. I’m a goalscorer! I am a real number nine, the penalty box is my place.
“My position is through the middle, I’m like the strikers who have played here before – from Alan Shearer to Papiss Cisse. They are big names and I hope I can make a similar impact.
“Alan Shearer is a real legend and one of my heroes. That and Drogba is how I like to play. I’m a physical sort of player. I like to fight and score goals.
“I know how to play with pressure. Anderlecht and Partizan Belgrade are the biggest clubs in Belgium and Serbia and I know I’m going to have pressure for sure here. I like to play with pressure, that’s what I can say.”
Mitrovic is said to have matured from the days he was hot-headed on the pitch.
He also had his wages docked after returning from pre-season last summer 5kg over-weight. He blamed his love of his mum's cooking during a summer back home.
Today's slim-line Mitrovic has revealed Newcastle tried to sign him last season, but had to be patient.
He added: “I have known that Newcastle have been interested in me for a long time. Last season they also asked for me.
“This season they showed me that they really wanted me so this is the reason I came here. Also, I’m a long time fan of Newcastle and I followed Newcastle. I’m very proud to be here and I’m happy.
“There were some other clubs but for me Newcastle is the best club to make progress, to play here in front of amazing fans. I’m happy, proud and excited.
“In my career I play in a lot of stadiums against good clubs but this stadium is so big, it’s so nice. I can’t wait to have my first game there.
“I know the fans are very passionate. It’s a club with a very big history, the club and fans are really, really close. I like that, I had that in my last two clubs as well.”
Mitrovic's playing style is simple. He explained: “I like crosses into the box, I feel comfortable and I like to be in the box.”
And off the field he said: “I’m a calm guy but on the pitch I’m different. I work hard all week for it and on the pitch I want to win.”
Boss Steve McClaren was delighted with his new striker, but they want to add more, and Charlie Austin is still an option if QPR drop their price.
McClaren said: “He’s a tremendous addition and again, a statement of intent that the club want to go forward.
“If he brings 27 goals we’d be delighted, he’d not need to do anything else!
“He brings goals. He’s got potential and talent and I think that’s an ideal signing and profile for the football club and we want to develop him and give him the experience, and however long it takes to get him used to the Premier League.
“I think he’ll fit right in. He has to adapt but he’s adapted everywhere he’s been.
“He’s only very young, he made his debut in Serbia and moved to Anderlecht so he’s already made one move and adapted to a different league so he’s got experience of that at a young age.
“Now he’s got to do it again, adapt to our training and the Premier League but he’s a good acquisition for the squad.”
Mitrovic's former Anderlecht team mate, defender Chancel Mbemba has agreed a £7.5m move, but Newcastle are looking into his work permit situation before pushing the deal through.
We need a new smiley for Mitrovic... something suitably sociopathic.
Edited by The Fish

I doubt we will keep everyone we currently have. Looks like we are getting the bodies in before letting some players go. Which makes sense, the end of the window is more of a sellers market.

Aye, think we'll try to sell Cisse and let Sissoko go if a decent enough offer comes in. Having said that I think we need a net influx of at least 5 players into the squad from last season. Even if some of those are lesser known squad players.

Great signing btw. Hopefully he can live up to the hype. I think he's going to be fun either way though :lol:

Edited by aimaad22

I hope we don't let anyone go of note and bring in 2 or 3 more.

Like the look of Mitrovic has a bit of everything, hopefully he will be a success.

Centre half's need addressing Williamson is not up to standard and Coloccini is on the wane.

he sounds like a bit of a nutter tbf, sounds like he'll need someone alongside him and some wingers too

Christian Mestrg is a 55-year-old lifelong Anderlecht fan who works in the Green Park.

'Mitro used to come in all the time and that photo was taken here,' he tells Sportsmail. 'People say he is crazy and there are lots of stories, but he has a very nice nature and is still very young.

'He used to meet friends or family in here or leave match tickets for people to collect. He never drank, it was always just coffee, and he always had time for the fans. I really liked him, he'll be a miss.'

Another supporter intervenes, adding: 'Newcastle have overpaid. If he doesn't get his own way then he's moody – don't leave him on the bench whatever you do.'

What about on the pitch?

'Technically he's not the greatest and his pace is okay,' says Mestrg. 'Newcastle will have to play with wingers. Put balls in the box in front of him and he will score goals all day. I think he'll make it to the very top – he's a goalscorer.'

Schteve obviously showed him Shane's youtube reel during negotiations.

Mitrovic turned away from the YouTube video after 30 seconds or so, locked eyes with McClaren and started oerforming his goal celebration whilst slowly nodding his head.

That's how the scene played out.