Alexandar Mitrovic

The Fish

Our U23 team may as well be dissolved. If we don’t have a striker somewhere in the academy that can offer more than Joselu then we are looking sick

I wonder how much money it has cost to run every youth team at the club since 2011. Since we sold Andy Carroll who have we produced?

Paul Dummet.

7 years of running an academy and we get Paul Dummet as the sole success story 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, adios said:

This is how I've been feeling for most of the season but I think I'm with @Dr Gloom at this point.  What the fuck is the point of Joselu?  Might as well have a slow nutcase who can actually hold up the ball and score on. 

Down to ten men as soon as Joselu comes on anyway.  Not that I think that was the case when he first came.

He’s fucking terrible like. The worst striker on the books, including those out on loan.

he must be god-like in training 

To be fair to Rafa, he's not been afraid to u-turn on things since he got here. Though you feel the Mitro situation is a special one. Either way, if he keeps banging the goals in he's either going to get another chance here or be sold for a much bigger fee.

All this “The hampionship is shit, Mitro wouldn’t have scored those goals playing for us” is bollocks tbh.  The only game time he got all season was in internationals and he was scoring regularly for his country.

He’s a £15mil, young striker who needed a bit of confidence. Aye, he doesn’t run back to his own half every time he loses the ball but so what? Joselu works hard but he can’t hit a barn door. I’d rather give up the work rate for a few extra goals. The amount of games we’ve lost 1-0 is criminal 

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

All this “The hampionship is shit, Mitro wouldn’t have scored those goals playing for us” is bollocks tbh.  The only game time he got all season was in internationals and he was scoring regularly for his country.

He’s a £15mil, young striker who needed a bit of confidence. Aye, he doesn’t run back to his own half every time he loses the ball but so what? Joselu works hard but he can’t hit a barn door. I’d rather give up the work rate for a few extra goals. The amount of games we’ve lost 1-0 is criminal 

Mitro gave an interview this last week or so where he talked about the tactical difference between fulham and nufc.

Basically he cant/wont follow rafas instructions properly here which is why hes not getting a look in, at fulham/internationally he can just play his own game and the manager is fine with it but thats not how Benitez works, since he isnt one of Rafas signings and won't do what hes meant to I'm not remotely surprised hes not getting near the first team, hes not good enough to get away with that.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I agree 100%

20 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Mitro gave an interview this last week or so where he talked about the tactical difference between fulham and nufc.

Basically he cant/wont follow rafas instructions properly here which is why hes not getting a look in, at fulham/internationally he can just play his own game and the manager is fine with it but thats not how Benitez works, since he isnt one of Rafas signings and won't do what hes meant to I'm not remotely surprised hes not getting near the first team, hes not good enough to get away with that.

That’s it. Which is all the more annoying because he’s clearly got more about him than Perez or Joselu. 

Rafa said this about Mitro at a charity do at Tyneside Cinema last month. Apologies if this has already been posted as it's not brand new, but Rafa seems to state he does rate Mitro and is willing to play him as a sub when we need a goal, but he suits playing in a good team and not a shite one like we have now. 

Mitro – I have had a lot of conversations with him. He needed to play and I couldn’t guarantee he would play.

“Some people say ‘Oh Rafa is stubborn and he doesn’t want to recognise he made a mistake’. No, it’s not like this. Because if it was like this I wouldn’t play Mitro at all. But I was playing him, sometimes for 20 minutes. Why? Because I wanted him to score the winning goal.

“People forget one thing: the players who play or are on the bench or on the stands but the manager is involved in every single game and I want to win every single game. For me, it’s about picking the right team to ensure we can win.

“Mitro needed to play. I couldn’t guarantee the way that we wanted to play (he would play). If you know Mitro really well – if you attack and you create a lot of chances and crosses he will score goals, no doubt that. But a team that has 40-45 or even 35% possession in some games, you have to defend in some games, you have to play counter-attack. If you don’t have all these players who can do that and you have to sacrifice something.

“We were talking about the main thing of this team – it is the team, the organisation of the team. If we don’t do that, we will be exposed. When we went 1-0 up against Man United (in the Old Trafford game) or Chelsea, we were a little bit open and we conceded.

“In the FA Cup against Chelsea we had to attack in the second half so we were open and we conceded. We couldn’t manage it. The team is the key and the characteristic of the players are crucial. For me, I have to do the best for both.”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Mitrovic isn't the right fit for Rafa's system and Rafa will NEVER change his system so he'll never play for us while Rafa is here. 

Which is a fucking shame.

I always liked Mitro and thought he would come good for us if given a chance and a run of games instead of keeping him out of the big picture.

3 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Both don't fit into the system but Rafa likes Joselu for some ridiculous reason.

Perhaps because he hablos espanyol, just like Perez.:)

Jintsay's post explains it straight from the horses mouth, man! :lol:

Rafa's also too diplomatic to say he'd be in most CB's pockets most games and be blowing out of his arse getting more and more frustrated and giving less and less to the side. In a different and better NUFC you might get away with it but not in the current set up. I'm sure if Rafa had Mitro's transfer fee and wages combined with Joselu's we might've had neither at the club.

I assume this thread has been bumped because we've heard nought about him since he was loaned out. Anyone have any inside goss as to how he is going?