Alexandar Mitrovic

The Fish

Adding to what Mitro said Rafa himself stated something along the lines of 'Mitrovic will score plenty of goals in a team who play to his strengths and provide him with good crosses/service'

Not sure why some people got so emotionally attached to Mitro, I think Rafa did rate him but just not enough to change the whole way we set up just to suit him.. it's quite simple really.

Edited by 247

I heard Rafa can't stand him. Mind, the origin of that was everybody's favourite ex-chief scout who of course would have no reason to have an axe to grind with the manager

52 minutes ago, Alex said:

I heard Rafa can't stand him. Mind, the origin of that was everybody's favourite ex-chief scout who of course would have no reason to have an axe to grind with the manager

Tbh on a personal level I could see this being accurate, Mitros clearly thick as shit like which obviously  isn't a attribute that Rafa looks for. Partly why I think he likes Joselu is because while Joselu isn't that great ability wise he seems to have a good attitude + a footballing brain and gets Rafas ideology 

Edited by 247

4 hours ago, 247 said:

……………………………………….. Mitros clearly thick as shit ………………………………………………………………………………………………...

Wot kind of shit pray tell 247?   I've seen some extra-thin shit on occasion, especially when you've got the runs.:razz:

16 hours ago, Noelie said:

Wot kind of shit pray tell 247?   I've seen some extra-thin shit on occasion, especially when you've got the runs.:razz:

Thickly sliced shite. Similar to the end slices of a loaf of hovis (brown variety of course).

Edited by 247

20 hours ago, ewerk said:

For someone who is thick as fuck he’s quite the diplomat.

Id think that those words were more his agents than Mitros, obviously I might be wrong and Mitro is actually a 200iq Serbian Einstein .. 

Edited by 247

1 hour ago, 247 said:

Thickly sliced shite. Similar to the end slices of a loaf of hovis (brown variety of course).

:lol: What Elvis was trying to push out, basically

• Haha 1

The Rafa defending on here reaches myopia at times. 

He's a cracking manager but he dropped a bollock with Mitrovic. For the last 9 months he's scored more goals than most strikers in Europe and he would probably cost £30-40mil to buy him back. Meanwhile we have Joselu, some Japanese bloke nee ones heard of and a 9 goals a season striker on loan

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He's a cracking manager but he dropped a bollock with Mitrovic. For the last 9 months he's scored more goals than most strikers in Europe and he would probably cost £30-40mil to buy him back. Meanwhile we have Joselu, some Japanese bloke nee ones heard of and a 9 goals a season striker on loan

So what should he have done with him? Had 10 players behind him drilled to military standards and let big Mit do whatever the fuck he wants. That'd work. The other players that are grafting their tits off would love it too. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

You’re working under the assumption that Rafa swapped Mitro for what he currently has. He didn’t. Like the rest of us he assumed that he could re-invest the transfer fee in a replacement. He wasn’t allowed to.

• Like 3