Alexandar Mitrovic

The Fish

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

There's a full thread of people defending Benitez

On the back of the way the team has performed and the results as opposed to a knee jerk reaction every time a goal is scored by a former player. You were either bringing it up when no one was defending him, which is odd, or suggesting Benitez has been proven wrong irrespective of the actual results / performances last season and this just because a former player is scoring for someone else, which makes even less sense 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

Fulham spent 100 million this summer, we made a profit of 20 odd million. They play a different brand of football with more (and better) attacking players.

Still think Benitez will have us finish higher than Fulham.

Could not give less of a fuck about international football, or the goals scored while playing internationally.

• Like 2

On 06/09/2018 at 11:07, Andrew said:

The guy has admitted that he wasn't willing to put the work in to play Rafas system, which is based on all the other requirements and restrictions of the rest of the squad.

• Like 2

On 9/11/2018 at 19:55, Alex said:

On the back of the way the team has performed and the results as opposed to a knee jerk reaction every time a goal is scored by a former player. You were either bringing it up when no one was defending him, which is odd, or suggesting Benitez has been proven wrong irrespective of the actual results / performances last season and this just because a former player is scoring for someone else, which makes even less sense 

I only get in here occasionally these days so was talking in a longitudinal sense across the whole thread, rather than in response to an individual post. 

And, again:

- Benitez being a good manager

- NUFC performing well last season and

- Mitro being a good, in form striker that we could very much do with in the starting XI

are not mutually exclusive. I actually prefaced my original message saying Benitez was a great manager so you're arguing with yourself. 

I know you're irrationally drawn to arguing the toss with nearly every post I make but it's getting boring now ;)

Edited by Kid Dynamite

We couldn't very much do with him in the starting 11 because he refuses to comply with Benitez's tactical instructions. Not sure why that's difficult to grasp for you. If it was simply a case of accommodating him and playing him anyway then we might as well have Pardew picking the players. Benitez excels because of his system, his nous, his freakish attention to detail. If he changed any of that to accommodate Mitrovic then he wouldn't be a fucking top manager. Can we have this sink in now so that we don't need to revisit it next time he scores?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I only get in here occasionally these days so was talking in a longitudinal sense across the whole thread, rather than in response to an individual post. 

And, again:

- Benitez being a good manager

- NUFC performing well last season and

- Mitro being a good, in form striker that we could very much do with in the starting XI

are not mutually exclusive. I actually prefaced my original message saying Benitez was a great manager so you're arguing with yourself. 

I know you're irrationally drawn to arguing the toss with nearly every post I make but it's getting boring now ;)

I just think saying Mitrovic is in form and scoring therefore letting him go was a mistake (which appears to be the crux of your argument, unless I've missed something) is a simplification of a situation which most other people on here seemed to have grasped is a lot more nuanced than that.

As for the irrational obsession you're claiming, prior to this I can't actually remember the last time I disagreed with you about something on here. I did a quick search and nothing came up. No doubt we'll have had some disagreements but I couldn't find anything in recent months. Which is pretty much what I would have expected because we have very little in common and, consequently, most of what you post is of no interest to me.

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

The first thing that I would say is that I wish him all the best. I didn’t have any problem with him. He was a professional. He’s a nice lad, and that’s it.

“He was very clear (and said) ‘the way that I play, maybe, is not the way we have to play’. In another environment, in another division, and now with confidence, fine, he’s doing well.

“He’s in another team and it’s totally different. He had chances for us.

“He was playing more than Murphy, and Murphy was similar. You see the stats, but I will not waste too much time on that. I wish him well. If we are safe, they can be safe, no problem. For us, he was not the kind of player we were looking for. That’s it.”

- Rafa

If you need anymore than that to understand why he isn't here anymore then I'm afraid you just arnt capable of understanding

17 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

We couldn't very much do with him in the starting 11 because he refuses to comply with Benitez's tactical instructions. Not sure why that's difficult to grasp for you. If it was simply a case of accommodating him and playing him anyway then we might as well have Pardew picking the players. Benitez excels because of his system, his nous, his freakish attention to detail. If he changed any of that to accommodate Mitrovic then he wouldn't be a fucking top manager. Can we have this sink in now so that we don't need to revisit it next time he scores?

See, you're doing it again. There's a middle ground in here. Benitez is a very good manager. I understand it's important to him that all 10 outfield players work hard, chase down the ball and defend in numbers. I disagree that having Mitrovic playing instead of Josleu is going to make a massive difference to that tactic.

We are into the realms of fantasy now where Mitrovic never chased the ball, never held it up, never put a tackle in and could therefore never fit into  a Benitez team. I suggest you watch videos of him playing here. He grafted, unfortunately most of the time he had missiles launched at his head out of defence. Mitrovic had fewer chances than Diane, Dummett and Shelvey. We are reaping the benefits for persevering with those 3. Another team is benefiting from persevering with Mitrovic.

I saw this this morning and it reminded me of you :lol:

I like Benitez.

I don't think he should have sold Mitrovic.

That's allowed

Edited by Kid Dynamite

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

See, you're doing it again. There's a middle ground in here. Benitez is a very good manager. I understand it's important to him that all 10 outfield players work hard, chase down the ball and defend in numbers. I disagree that having Mitrovic playing instead of Josleu is going to make a massive difference to that tactic.

We are into the realms of fantasy now where Mitrovic never chased the ball, never held it up, never put a tackle in and could therefore never fit into  a Benitez team. I suggest you watch videos of him playing here. He grafted, unfortunately most of the time he had missiles launched at his head out of defence. Mitrovic had fewer chances than Diane, Dummett and Shelvey. We are reaping the benefits for persevering with those 3. Another team is benefiting from persevering with Mitrovic.

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

We are into the realms of fantasy now where Mitrovic never chased the ball, never held it up, never put a tackle in and could therefore never fit into  a Be itez team. Isuggest you watch videos of him playing here. He grafted, unfortunately most of the time he had missiles launched at his head out of defence. Mitrovic had fewer chances than Diane, Dummett and Shelvey. We are reaping the benefits for persevering with those 3. Another team is benefiting from persevering with Mitrovic.

We are into the realms of fantasy now where Mitrovic never chased the ball, never held it up, never put a tackle in and could therefore never fit into  a Be itez team. Isuggest you watch videos of him playing here. He grafted, unfortunately most of the time he had missiles launched at his head out of defence. Mitrovic had fewer chances than Diane, Dummett and Shelvey. We are reaping the benefits for persevering with those 3. Another team is benefiting from persevering with Mitrovic.

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

There comes a point where you're just getting childish tbh mate.

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I like Benitez.

I don't think he should have sold Mitrovic.

That's allowed

Maybe you do disagree but maybe that's why Benitez goes to elite coaches conventions whilst you go to pinball and panties meet-ups. 

We had a season with 'Mitro' playing remember, we got relegated. In a more gifted team too. Why do you suppose we finished 10th last season? 

I watched the Fulham game this morning. Irrespective of his goal he bossed Watford's defence. Bullied them and had them worried anytime a ball came into the final 3rd. Held up the play, chased down their defenders, brought Fulham's midfield into the game.

Basically the type of player Rafa is trying to mould Joselu/Rondon into :lol:

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I watched the Fulham game this morning. Irrespective of his goal he bossed Watford's defence. Bullied them and had them worried anytime a ball came into the final 3rd. Held up the play, chased down their defenders, brought Fulham's midfield into the game.

Exactly the type of player he openly and admittedly refused to be for Rafa then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

You know I watched the game as well and my immediate thought was where the fuck was this cunt when he played for us?

Seriously if he had of put half that effort into his games when he was at Newcastle we wouldn't be having this same stupid conversation over and over.