Alexandar Mitrovic

The Fish

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Noelie said:

.Nitro scores 3 for his country. Rafa, ye gorra be payin' attention FFS.

2 hours ago, beatty said:

A striker who scores goals.  If only we had someone like that on our book.s

Ok I'll post this again...

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wondering-rafa-loaned-mitro-read-14364221

you're obviously all entitled to your opinions & Rafa isn't infallible by any means. But Rafa had to make decisions last season and his reasoning for loaning out Mitro is sound and shows good judgement. After Mitro left we brought in three players who changed our season, no doubt those deals were helped partially by the money saved by getting Mitro's wages paid by Fulham who were also in the division below so not a direct threat to us. He went to a team playing front foot attacking football and a manager who speaks the same language. I don't know what else there is to say on the subject. I do think the constant sniping about Mitro does in some way display a lack of faith in Rafas judgement though. Which to me anyway is frankly bizarre.

if you ask me, Mitro neither saved us from relegation nor got us promoted. He had numerous chances to kick on and get a run in the team but failed at every turn. His discipline issues made Rafa unable to put his full trust in the player. He was invariably a stone overweight which for a manager with Rafas high standards was never going to be acceptable. But three goals v a team that finished second bottom of the 10 team South American World Cup qualifying group means Rafa is still wrong about him? I don't fuckin think so..

• Like 2

7 hours ago, beatty said:

I think it is the 3 goals yesterday, the outstanding form for Fulham and the complete lack of discipline issues in the last 6 months that make me think Rafa is wrong about him.

The end to the season by the team proved him right

7 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Ok I'll post this again...

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wondering-rafa-loaned-mitro-read-14364221

you're obviously all entitled to your opinions & Rafa isn't infallible by any means. But Rafa had to make decisions last season and his reasoning for loaning out Mitro is sound and shows good judgement. After Mitro left we brought in three players who changed our season, no doubt those deals were helped partially by the money saved by getting Mitro's wages paid by Fulham who were also in the division below so not a direct threat to us. He went to a team playing front foot attacking football and a manager who speaks the same language. I don't know what else there is to say on the subject. I do think the constant sniping about Mitro does in some way display a lack of faith in Rafas judgement though. Which to me anyway is frankly bizarre.

if you ask me, Mitro neither saved us from relegation nor got us promoted. He had numerous chances to kick on and get a run in the team but failed at every turn. His discipline issues made Rafa unable to put his full trust in the player. He was invariably a stone overweight which for a manager with Rafas high standards was never going to be acceptable. But three goals v a team that finished second bottom of the 10 team South American World Cup qualifying group means Rafa is still wrong about him? I don't fuckin think so..

You’re wasting your time

• Like 1

There is a good striker inside Mitrovic, I think it's undeniable. But it's a good striker we saw all too rarely during his time here. He was given multiple chances to impress and never really shone even in the Champ. Daryl Murphy looked a better option, if you've forgotten already, and that says it all about Rafa and his system and where a lazy, occasionally brilliant, lunatic frontman fits into it, which is to say, he doesn't. I also want to add what I've always said about Mitro: he doesn't work at all as a lone striker. He doesn't make the kind of pointless runs that open up space for the wide players and he throws a tantrum when the ball isn't played into feet. He's not suited at all mentally to ploughing a lone furrow up there. 

Best of luck to Mitro wherever he ends up playing, I think it's clear it's not going to be at SJP. Like a lot of you, I have a soft spot for the mad Serb, but he just isn't good enough at Prem level and he doesn't work hard enough for Rafa, and at the end of the day the manager sees the players every day in training and knows who best fits his plans. We all thought Rafa was barmy for persisting with Diame and look what happened there. "In Rafa We Trust" - so trust him then. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, acrossthepond said:

There is a good striker inside Mitrovic, I think it's undeniable. But it's a good striker we saw all too rarely during his time here. He was given multiple chances to impress and never really shone even in the Champ. Daryl Murphy looked a better option, if you've forgotten already, and that says it all about Rafa and his system and where a lazy, occasionally brilliant, lunatic frontman fits into it, which is to say, he doesn't. I also want to add what I've always said about Mitro: he doesn't work at all as a lone striker. He doesn't make the kind of pointless runs that open up space for the wide players and he throws a tantrum when the ball isn't played into feet. He's not suited at all mentally to ploughing a lone furrow up there. 

Best of luck to Mitro wherever he ends up playing, I think it's clear it's not going to be at SJP. Like a lot of you, I have a soft spot for the mad Serb, but he just isn't good enough at Prem level and he doesn't work hard enough for Rafa, and at the end of the day the manager sees the players every day in training and knows who best fits his plans. We all thought Rafa was barmy for persisting with Diame and look what happened there. "In Rafa We Trust" - so trust him then. 

I agree that he will never fit into Rafa’s system and he’s history for us. I also trust Rafa’s decision here. 

I disagree that he won’t score goals st premier league level though. I think he could do alright, chalking up 10-15 goals in a season, if he finds a club and manager that plays a system that suits him.

4 hours ago, t00nraider said:

I'm tempted to give him a chance now, he seems fitter, more confident and sharper. 

:D

Why would a Yam Yam be a Mackem? 

You absolute throbber. 

• Haha 1

I like Mitrovic and it's a shame that he won't be a success at Newcastle under Benitez, but if it's a straight choice between the two; Rafa or Mad Mitro, it's not a choice at all.

• Like 1