Alexandar Mitrovic

The Fish

• 2 weeks later...

ffs, yes its funny - but its sending completely the wrong fucking message to the player.. Oh its all just a fucking laugh , the fact we've bought you and you've fucked up your own start with some fuckin stupid cards already.

If it was the first time with his red , sure give him the benefit - but the fucker can't last more than 20 minutes .

I'd already be reading him the riot act, new kid or not. Shape up or GTFO

Edited by scoobos

Wishing someone a 'Happy Birthday' is a sign of weakness. Fucking pansies. What is this kindergarten?

"Oh, happy birthday precious, would you like someone to tie your shoes for you today".

Fuck off. Slap him on the back and say, 'Back to work you card collecting Hun cunt, before we send in Gemmers to fuck ya missus. Who's Gemmers? He's single, lives with his cats, and talks to a robotic floor cleaner. He's fucking mental'.

That'd sort him.

• 4 months later...

Aleksandar Mitrovic admits playing for Newcastle in the Premier League is more difficult than anything he’s done before.

Having scored 49 goals from 83 starts (plus a few as sub) at Partizan Belgrade and Anderlecht, the Serbian striker has found goals harder to come by at United.

The penalty against Manchester United was his fourth this season and from 14 starts (plus four as sub), he hopes that one day the goals will flow more freely.

Coming from a place as intense as Serbia, it is high praise indeed for Mitrovic to talk so passionately about football being like ‘a culture, a religion’ on Tyneside.

Pointing out as well the religious type fervour the supporters have for the pub before every match as well.

Despite the lack of goals, the number 45 feels he has now played some of his best football in his career at Newcastle but not got the goals to show for it.

Certainly in more open attacking games such as those against Manchester United and West Ham, Mitrovic has looked a far more effective player.

Newcastle United have to most definitely play to the former Anderlecht player’s strengths because at the minute there certainly is no plan b when it comes to attacking options.

Aleksandar Mitrovic talking to BBC Newcastle:

“It’s much more difficult than the football I’ve played before.

“I have played some of the best football in my life, the difference is that in Belgium I played well and scored goals.

“Here, I play good but the goals don’t come, but I’ll keep working and hopefully one day it will come.”

“Football here is like a culture, a religion, every game the people know they will be at the stadium, before the game in the pub.

“Every game it’s a full stadium and it is an amazing place to play and to score goals.”

:MITRO:

the goals are the only thing missing from his game, really. he's given us a proper physical presence and focal point to the attack but he needs to start chipping in with goals if we're going to stay up.

the goals are the only thing missing from his game, really. he's given us a proper physical presence and focal point to the attack but he needs to start chipping in with goals if we're going to stay up.

He will, there's no lack of confidence there and the quality of chances should improve. Shelvey's delivery from set pieces must surely be better than Colback et al.

He will, there's no lack of confidence there and the quality of chances should improve. Shelvey's delivery from set pieces must surely be better than Colback et al.

How long can we afford to wait for the goals to come though? Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Mitrovic, I like him and I do think he has goals in him. But out situaiton is getting more desperate with each passing week!

How long can we afford to wait for the goals to come though? Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Mitrovic, I like him and I do think he has goals in him. But out situaiton is getting more desperate with each passing week!

Is it? I thought we were dragging ourselves out of the relegation zone and as such, the situation was getting less desperate?

Is it? I thought we were dragging ourselves out of the relegation zone and as such, the situation was getting less desperate?

We're still in the relegation zone and the amount of games we have to get ourselves out of it is reducing. That to me is getting more desperate.

The result against Wham looked positive until Swansea beat Watford. It's starting to feel more desperate to be honest - I don't think we could claim to be dragging ourselves out without another 6 points or so from the next 3 games.