Alexandar Mitrovic

The Fish

So we want £30m, they want to offer £20m. Split the difference, £25m. He probably is worth around that tbh. And I daresay more teams than just Fulham would be interested anyway.

A total liability for the second Brazil goal too. Trying to win fouls in his own box rather than concentrating on blocking the cross. Or if he was outmuscled, it was weak as piss. He had another game where he just couldn’t be arsed to move either and he’s put the beef on. Shocking

• Like 1

Nowhere close to good enough. If Serbia had a quality number 9 they might've scored 3 in that game. Instead Mitrovic spurned 3-4 good chances including one true sitter. 

He looks good against awful teams but he's simply not up to enough against top sides where you could only get one or two chances. 

11 minutes ago, Ant said:

Ok we may not play a style to suit him

The beginning and end of the debate.  I like him but I like Rafa more.

I reckon a couple of the lads were baiting Mitro fans fwiw. ;)  

• Like 1

I also totally agree with Edwards when he says:

...plays on his heels and never makes a near post run. He’s not learned to add anything to his game in three years in English football

I reckon he's thick as mince, the loveable rapscallion.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, adios said:

The beginning and end of the debate.  I like him but I like Rafa more.

I reckon a couple of the lads were baiting Mitro fans fwiw. ;)  

Maybe a little bit 

I like him, but I'll be glad when he's gone. He's not mobile enough to play in a Benitez team. Hopefully we get a reasonable amount for him, even though there's every chance it won't be reinvested in the squad.

10 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I had money on Serbia to score a header last night and he blew their best chance at the start of the second half. The tit.

What firm offers bets like that ? 

Mitro should have buried that chance for sure.

4 hours ago, OTF said:

I like him, but I'll be glad when he's gone. He's not mobile enough to play in a Benitez team. Hopefully we get a reasonable amount for him, even though there's every chance it won't be reinvested in the squad.

How much do you think the world cup put on to his price ? Or put his price down ?

I think he may be worth £12 to £15 million ?

33 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

How much do you think the world cup put on to his price ? Or put his price down ?

I think he may be worth £12 to £15 million ?

£20m before and £20m now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/mitrovic-says-it-was-benitezs-tactics-that-forced-him-to-fulham

“I was just running and getting in the team shape. He told me what he wanted and I tried but I am 90 kilos and if I run so much defensively I have no power left when I am in the box. He knew I couldn’t play in that style and I felt it too."

34 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I notice being a big lad doesn’t stop other target men from grafting

Aye there are plenty of other big target strikers out there who also happen to work hard and are tactically flexible.

You've got to be pretty bloody special for someone like Benitez to drop his successful blueprint and build a totally different sort of side around you, a special that mitro isn't and never will be.

• Like 3