Alexandar Mitrovic

The Fish

Aaron's, Haidara, (Shane in the cup), Janmaat, .....

Aaron's has played 4 games with 0 assists in the Prem, Haidara has 1 assist in the Prem so I don't understand how you can say either of them are good at crossing and Ferguson isn't going to make it as a Premier League player.

So out of that lot Janmaat is the only proven good crosser we have.

It's probably Colback at this stage who'll have set piece duty. Is De Jong any good with free kicks?

Better off with de Jong in the box I would've thought.

We might find out we've some really good free kick takers now we're (hopefully) rid of the floated ball to Williamson at the back post routine.

Yeah true.

No matter what happens we need more goals from free kicks so hopefully we can sort something out.

We'll get more if for no other reason than there should be more variety.

Interesting that his style seems to benefit from crosses into the box, but we've only really Aarons and Obertan who play as out and out wide men and neither should be 1st choice.

From what I've seen of Aarons I think he can get crosses in, if (and given the limited playing time he's had so far, it's a big if) he can be fit and prove himself good enough. And Janmaat certainly will but an 18 winger and a rightback certainly isn't enough. Obertan and Gouffran need moving on so we need another wide man for me. Unless we go with Fish's wingless wonders formation.

From what I've seen of Aarons I think he can get crosses in, if (and given the limited playing time he's had so far, it's a big if) he can be fit and prove himself good enough. And Janmaat certainly will but an 18 winger and a rightback certainly isn't enough. Obertan and Gouffran need moving on so we need another wide man for me. Unless we go with Fish's wingless wonders formation.

Rumours keep surfacing of Thauvin, which might be an indication that, at the very least, that position has been identified as one which needs strengthening?

Rumours keep surfacing of Thauvin, which might be an indication that, at the very least, that position has been identified as one which needs strengthening?

Which side does Thauvin play on? I have it in my mind he plays on the left. I know Aarons is very unproven but at least he's showing potential. I think I'd rather see us looking for someone on the right unless they are thinking Sissoko is going to play there. He's never really convinced me when playing wide even though he does it for France.

Which side does Thauvin play on? I have it in my mind he plays on the left. I know Aarons is very unproven but at least he's showing potential. I think I'd rather see us looking for someone on the right unless they are thinking Sissoko is going to play there. He's never really convinced me when playing wide even though he does it for France.

Thauvin plays either side, but according to Whoscored and Transfermarkt he was used mainly on the right.

:lol: it's always the same with our transfers tbh. Either we have no idea who's arriving and they just appear, or it takes fucking years.

Tbf, we've been after this lad since last year and have stuck in to get him otl against the odds. Fair play to The Negotiators!

lol. I just hope he keeps that fucking horrendous celebration away... We get enough shit from the media at this club without him licking klunge in front of the wee bairns.