Georginio Wijnaldum

Happy Face

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't took much notice of this lad considering I've took PSV on my coupons for most of the season, what I am reading/seeing of him today though is very positive.

Seems he is a ever present in the Dutch team and very highly rated around Europe. His stats are decent too, likes to get forward with good movement and dictate play. I'm actually surprised we have got him without any relative competition for how highly he is rated.

I haven't took much notice of this lad considering I've took PSV on my coupons for most of the season, what I am reading/seeing of him today though is very positive.

Seems he is a ever present in the Dutch team and very highly rated around Europe. His stats are decent too, likes to get forward with good movement and dictate play. I'm actually surprised we have got him without any relative competition for how highly he is rated.

Think Shteeve being fluent in Dutch swung it.

Think Shteeve being fluent in Dutch swung it.

Aye, was the first one mentioned as a target that he wanted so looks to be one that's been chased down to keep him onside.

For me, as happy as I am to see us pay a reasonable fee for a well respected talent, I was most concerned about brining in quality, not quantity and that quality was needed at CB and CF.

This looks like the player brought in to allow Sissoko to leave rather than fulfilling any of the urgent needs within the squad.

Nobody is going to pay the 22m we want for Sissoko, rest easy Ringo....I see where you're heads at tho, it was the first thing that crossed my mind. But this lad is imo a lot better on the ball than Sissi.

Nobody is going to pay the 22m we want for Sissoko, rest easy Ringo....I see where you're heads at tho, it was the first thing that crossed my mind. But this lad is imo a lot better on the ball than Sissi.

We'd let him go for much less than that.

He sounds canny. Can we squeeze him into a side with sissoko and de Jong though? Not a lot of width in that midfield. Not that a bit of strength in depth in the centre of the pitch is a bad thing.

Bit of digging suggests he spent most of last season playing deeper than the number 10 spot as a regular centre mid, think that will be our place for him tbh as he's a step up in terms of passing and dribbling to anyone we have there right now, colback or tiote sat further back giving it to him to distribute properly.

Think we may see sissoko on the right wing a bit more this term too, he's decent at it and tends to play there in the France team. We don't look to be going for wingers either and we don't have many other options on the right.

Went on the PSV forum there. Fuck me they're disrespectful of the toon. They say he should've went to Everton, look how low Ashley has dragged us in the eyes of Europe. Nearly all of them are in massively high praise of his ability, and 1 goal in 3 games from midfield suggests we have some boy on our hands. I'm thoroughly delighted with the signing.

Good to see our first signing happen. In that video certainly has an eye for goal and passing, will be interesting to see how he copes in the Premier League.