Georginio Wijnaldum

Happy Face

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wjnaldum is the classic invisible man hiding in a poor side. Our midfield were shocking yesterday and we shit against the mackems too. People concentrate on our defensive woes but these cunts get away with murder IMHO. Jonjo shelvefiller, Wjnaldum, Townsend and Sissoko are apparently good players, well the evidence of my eyes tells me different. (Obviously we know Anita and Colback are gash). Played off the park most of the season by some shite in this league.

Wjnaldum is the classic invisible man hiding in a poor side. Our midfield were shocking yesterday and we shit against the mackems too. People concentrate on our defensive woes but these cunts get away with murder IMHO. Jonjo shelvefiller, Wjnaldum, Townsend and Sissoko are apparently good players, well the evidence of my eyes tells me different. (Obviously we know Anita and Colback are gash). Played off the park most of the season by some shite in this league.

Apart from Wijnaldum I dont think any of our other midfielders have scored all season.

Shelvey is one of the laziest players I've ever seen. To top it off his defensive positioning is horrid, and he couldn't tackle a three year old.

He's looked like a good player in patches but he's gone missing way too often - particularly away from home where he's failed to turn up all season. Done nowhere near enough to be described as our best player since Shearer.

Doesn't make any sense why he has been so shit as he clearly has the ability but seems to lack any desire. He will blatantly leave at the end of the season and be a world beater for someone else next term. That's just what seems to happen with this club.

Doesn't make any sense why he has been so shit as he clearly has the ability but seems to lack any desire. He will blatantly leave at the end of the season and be a world beater for someone else next term. That's just what seems to happen with this club.

Very few go on to be world beaters from here, Danny Simpson aside.

Those quick surveys to access the article are a fucking joke.

I just got straight into the article.

Georginio Wijnaldum is at a loss to explain very Newcastle United are nervous out on the field, stating: “Why not give your best and try to change things?”

The Magpies crashed to a 10th successive away defeat with a 3-1 loss at Southampton, a result which left United six points shy of safety with only half-a-dozen games remaining. Inside four minutes Newcastle found themselves behind after Shane Long was allowed to ghost past the defence and slot past Karl Darlow.

Graziano Pelle added a second after further defensive mistakes, while Victor Wanyama was able to smash in a third when Newcastle failed to react to a quickly-taken short corner.

Confidence visibly sapped out of the Magpies players with every goal they conceded at St Mary’s, and midfielder Wijnaldum was at a loss to explain why United continue to be affected by nerves.

The Dutch international has not scored away from St James’ Park this season, and has netted just twice in 2016.

Wijnaldum himself was poor once again on the road, failing to influence the game in any positive way at St Mary’s

Admitting Newcastle had folded away from home before this season - they have collected just seven points away from home in 2015-16 - the 25-year-old was cleared frustrated and angered by United’s continued poor displays.

“I don’t understand why we’re nervous,” Wijnaldum said. “We’re in a situation now where we’re second-bottom of the league.

“We know if we play without confidence, and if you’re nervous, it’s going to be not good. You’re going to play bad.

“Why not give your best and try to change things?

“That’s something I don’t understand. It’s not the first game that this has happened.

“It’s difficult to win a game in this situation.

“The way they make the goals, it doesn’t look like they have to try their best to score.”

The manner of the goals Newcastle conceded on the south coast clearly angered Wijnaldum too.

Southampton barely had to break sweat and could easily have scored a greater number if they had not eased off during the second half.

That is simply unacceptable, admits the Dutchman.

“It’s very disappointing,” Wijnaldum added.

“It’s always disappointing if you lose a game, but we lost it without confidence.

“We conceded in the fourth minute. That’s not good.

“The way we’re giving the goals away is not good.

“It looks like they don’t even have to try their best to score a goal.”

He is clearly very talented. He could get into most squads in the world.

Would he get into most squads even though he only wants to play half a season? Agreed about talent. There's 1000s of talented players who mostly can't be arsed to one degree or other though...

Would he get into most squads even though he only wants to play half a season? Agreed about talent. There's 1000s of talented players who mostly can't be arsed to one degree or other though...

I think he is the sort of player who will be really good in a better team but goes missing in a struggling one, he's never experienced this having played for 2 of the biggest clubs in the Netherlands, he's no idea how to play in a relegation battle.

I'll not be sad to see him leave when we go down. And you can add Sissoko and Janmaat to that too. I'm sick to death of seeing such gutless players play for us. I'm disgusted to think of their attitudes compared to we used to have when I first started going to games.

Edited by David Kelly

I'll not be sad to see him leave when we go down. And you can add Sissoko and Janmaat to that too. I'm sick to death of seeing such gutless players play for us. I'm disgusted to think of their attitudes compared to we used to have when I first started going to games.

Aye, players like your namesake, Davey Mac etc who maybe didn't have the natural ability of the likes of Wijnaldum much more than made up for it with endeavor and a good attitude. We're the ruin of young talent though, as we don't afford them enough support from a solid base of a team. And we know who's fault this is.

Aye, players like your namesake, Davey Mac etc who maybe didn't have the natural ability of the likes of Wijnaldum much more than made up for it with endeavor and a good attitude. We're the ruin of young talent though, as we don't afford them enough support from a solid base of a team. And we know who's fault this is.

Yup, the reason that Watson, Clark, and latterly Elliott, Hughes, (even Shola & Carroll) could get their chance is because the spine of the team was settled and committed to the club. The young players were able to be introduced to a system that most of the team were comfortable with. They were allowed to make mistakes and find their feet. Of course it helped that some of those were coming into a teams looking up the league, rather than down.

Look at Everton, almost every season there's some new kid who's given chances and looks like he's capable of playing in the Premier League. I don't believe for one second that the congested North West produces more kids per club than we do.

I was at a thing at Old Trafford recently and Frank Stapleton did a bit of a talk. I was talking to the guy who was with him (who does match day stuff with him) and he asked me who I supported and who my favourite player ever for us was. He was shocked when I said David Kelly rather than Shearer, Beardsley or Gazza etc. In fact he couldn't even remember Kelly. I coudln't really blame him for that as he wasn't a memorable player to supporters of other teams but personally I value the effort he put in with his much more limited ability (as well as saving us from the third division). I could have just as easily said Davey Mac or John Anderson because they showed more of what football should really be about than all of the cunts we have playing for us now could ever muster combined. And they did it without the bullshit chest pumping as posturing that players do these days.