Georginio Wijnaldum

Happy Face

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good bit of essential business, need to cut our cloth this season. However, I think he will excel at Liverpool.

He went missing in some games but not all and the circumstances he was in do explain some of that. He played three quarters of the season under McClaren, in a shit side, in his first season in England. Still got 11 goals. McClaren probably repeated his team talks to him in a Dutch accent and left the poor fucker confused.

In a better team, with a better coach and defence i think he will do very well. Wait and see though.

Good fee - not a great loss. Agree that he'll be a great player for other sides but realistically, with the most optimistic of outcomes, we're about two or three seasons away from being a side that he could reach his potential in. And he'd be more of a problem than a benefit until that point.

Wijnaldum is definitely the best of those three, mind.

I don't think Wijnaldum was as good for us as either of the other 2.

Good bit of essential business, need to cut our cloth this season. However, I think he will excel at Liverpool.

He went missing in some games but not all and the circumstances he was in do explain some of that. He played three quarters of the season under McClaren, in a shit side, in his first season in England. Still got 11 goals. McClaren probably repeated his team talks to him in a Dutch accent and left the poor fucker confused.

In a better team, with a better coach and defence i think he will do very well. Wait and see though.

Of those 11 goals, 4 were against Norwich and 2 in a dead rubber after we were relegated. 5 goals in the other 36 games isn't quite as impressive

I think he's the type of player who is never going to be involved all the time in a game. To me he's like someone like David Platt. Unless he scored you never felt he had done anything. Good teams can acommodate such a player but we simply weren't a good team last season. If he'd stayed and played in the championship for us where we should be one of the strongest teams, I think he would have been superb and I think he'll do well at Liverpool.

But if he's gone he's gone and £20m or so should provide us ample funds to bring in someone who's more suited to playing in a team at our level. Think he's brothers tweet is bad craic and disrespectful like.