Georginio Wijnaldum

Happy Face

It. Wont. Be. A. Flat. 4-3-3.

So given your starting point is wrong, what's the point in answering the question?

God, maybe if you watched football beyond Newcastle you'd understand this really fucking simple idea.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It. Wont. Be. A. Flat. 4-3-3.

So given your starting point is wrong, what's the point in answering the question?

God, maybe if you watched football beyond Newcastle you'd understand this really fucking simple idea.

Listen, whether it's flat, 4231 or fucking pear shaped, it still needs 6, SIX, footballers.

If it's easier, choose you preferred system and add the players you think.

Has your drink gone warm?

Listen, whether it's flat, 4231 or fucking pear shaped, it still needs 6, SIX, footballers.

If it's easier, choose you preferred system and add the players you think.

Has your drink gone warm?

:lol: Rattled.

I didn't ask that at all. :lol:

I said McClaren favoured 433 and then listed 6 players .

All you had to do was say, aye, no, take this one out etc etc

You've made this harder than in need to be. (But like your wine) :lol:

And still no players mentioned.

Always good to get your tactical insight.

I reckon / hope he'll play:

----------Cisse-----,

Perez, -----------Cabella,

-----Gino, Colback or Sissoko------

----- Anita OR Colback -----

I've never rated Tiote tbh.

Edited by scoobos

Tiote was very effective when he first arrived and likewise when we came 5th. This was when he was used correctly with more creative players around him. Whether he can still be motivated or reach that level is perhaps another debate but you'll never get the best out of him be getting him to play a different role to the one he's best suited to.

yeah, he lost it when he started fancying himself as a sort of deep lying playmaker. still reckon he's our best holding midfielder - he's at his best when he's winning the ball and playing an easy pass to a fancy dan creative type. he just needs to control the aggression and try not to kick too many people.

That's my gripe, I don't think he can control the aggression. I'm also probably in a minority, but I'd rather Anita gets a "first choice" run for at least 20 games as I want to see him recreate his form prior to coming to nufc.

Edited by scoobos

yeah, he lost it when he started fancying himself as a sort of deep lying playmaker. still reckon he's our best holding midfielder - he's at his best when he's winning the ball and playing an easy pass to a fancy dan creative type. he just needs to control the aggression and try not to kick too many people.

I don't think he fancied himself as one so much as he took on the responsibility (not unlike the way Nicky Butt did) when there was no fucker else willing or able to do it.

tiote is brilliant when he doesn't try and shoot or spray balls around like he's pretending to be Pirlo, be a nusciance and short passes and hell be grand

Tiote was very effective when he first arrived and likewise when we came 5th. This was when he was used correctly with more creative players around him. Whether he can still be motivated or reach that level is perhaps another debate but you'll never get the best out of him be getting him to play a different role to the one he's best suited to.

Agree with both, I think Tiote's decline was one of Pardew's biggest failings. He was brilliant the season we came 5th and had Cabaye alongside him all season, the following year when Cabaye was out for stretches I felt like Tiote (hyped up from the praise from previous season) suddenly thought he was Pirlo (as Ant said) and began to try and step into Cabaye's role as the chief outlet, when this happened it seemed like Pardew never shut this down by telling Tiote to stick to his role of breaking up the opposition play and moving the ball on so Tiote just kept doing his horrific Cabaye impression and lunged into tackles anytime he gave the ball away with a wayward pass.

Agree with both, I think Tiote's decline was one of Pardew's biggest failings. He was brilliant the season we came 5th and had Cabaye alongside him all season, the following year when Cabaye was out for stretches I felt like Tiote (hyped up from the praise from previous season) suddenly thought he was Pirlo (as Ant said) and began to try and step into Cabaye's role as the chief outlet, when this happened it seemed like Pardew never shut this down by telling Tiote to stick to his role of breaking up the opposition play and moving the ball on so Tiote just kept doing his horrific Cabaye impression and lunged into tackles anytime he gave the ball away with a wayward pass.

all the time being encouraged by donkeys in the crowd braying for him to shoot whenever he got in their half.

Tiote also got straight back in the side after a suspension or whatever even if he hadn't been performing and his stand in did well. That hardly inspires a player to push themselves or to reassess how they've been playing.

all the time being encouraged by donkeys in the crowd braying for him to shoot whenever he got in their half.

:lol: Aye he was one of the few to actually listen to them as well, stunning that scoring against Arsenal actually made him a worse player.

Tiote also got straight back in the side after a suspension or whatever even if he hadn't been performing and his stand in did well. That hardly inspires a player to push themselves or to reassess how they've been playing.

That was definitely one of Pardew's biggest flaws, he had his players and regardless of form would force them into the side. Think it's cost us Bigirimana and it would have cost us a canny player in Abeid if Pardew had stayed.

Anita doesn't have the ability to boss a PL midfield like Tiote. I'd rather give Abeid a chance than Anita. He just isnt suited to the PL unfortunately. Seems like a nice guy but he needs a move.

Tiote was excellent a few years ago. He might need a move himself but if he is motivated and played in his correct position then he would start for me.

...Anita. He just isnt suited to the PL unfortunately. Seems like a nice guy but he needs a move...

Based on what?

Edited by strawb

...Anita. He just isnt suited to the PL unfortunately. Seems like a nice guy but he needs a move...

Based on what?

The same reasons you didn't agree with when I said.

He had quite a canny game last night fwiw. Everything he did was tidy but really that was all he did. He's not creative enough to set anything up and not the sort of player who's going to be a wall in front of his defence. For me the only way he will be able to successfully play is as part of a three man central midfield alongside a playmaker and an anchorman. I think that was why he was originally brought in with the thought that he'd play with Cabaye and Tiote. Unfortunately that never really worked out for him not least because the poor form of the other two in his first season here.

Yeah I'm not getting into that again. But to say he needs a move when Captain Colback strolled through 90% of all our fixtures last season is wrong.

Maybe he isn't premiership level but to peddle him when he can play in a couple of ways in midfield and at both fullback positions is nonsense. Especially when you take into account the make up of the rest of our squad, 80% of which should be sold before him.

There's little value in selling him now. We'd get buttons for him, his wages aren't crippling, he's versatile and may benefit from McClaren's style.

There's little value in selling him now. We'd get buttons for him, his wages aren't crippling, he's versatile and may benefit from McClaren's style.

I agree with that. But we must be the only club/fans that would take the selling price into account, Nani just went for what 5 Mill after 8 years of a 100k a week and costing 15mill to buy (not sure on any of those figures) are they arsed that it cost them however much for relatively little product?

Anita was at worst a 7 mill buy on 40k(?) who hasn't yet worked out. Fuck the money. Stand by him, give him a shot, it can't be worse than the last couple of seasons anyway. If it doesn't work out then sell him.

Yeah I'm not getting into that again. But to say he needs a move when Captain Colback strolled through 90% of all our fixtures last season is wrong.

Maybe he isn't premiership level but to peddle him when he can play in a couple of ways in midfield and at both fullback positions is nonsense. Especially when you take into account the make up of the rest of our squad, 80% of which should be sold before him.

Just because he can play full back doesn't mean he is any good at it.