US Tour

The Fish

`RE: the McLaren "style" thing, it's too early to say , but I defo noticed a big change as far as playing the ball across the floor much more often.`

which the other team did better than us in the first half. DOnt think we have the quality in midfield to outpass otehr teams. gouffran and dejong are weak point sin this idea?....remind me of james milner, willing work horses with limited ability.

Gouffran is, we haven't seen enough of De Jong but as a general I reckon you wouldn't say dutch attacking midielders aren't capable of playing a passing game.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's pre-season, I realize that, but when Williamson is on the pitch for another 90 minutes I have to wonder what the fuck is McLaren thinking. He certainly isn't instilling confidence in me.

DeJong looked mediocre.

Sissoko worked hard but accomplished little, lost too many balls in his dribbles.

Cisse didn't get much service.

Anita was quite handy.

Second half Sacramento looked the better team which isn't saying much for us.

Haidara's red card was a bit harsh.

They should have had a penalty.

those commentators were pretty good. For the wwcup i was watching a stream of fox sports for most of the games, and I had to turn the vol offf in some games cos of the shiite the `experts` were ramblin on about......am sure on of them was an american football commentator who had been pushed sideways into soccer....he was clueless!

missed for 30mins tonight, slept in. dejong looked unimpressive from what i saw. aarons looked good again. obertan shocled me with a good defensive tackle in our box. perez/cisse looked anonymous.

prob should go back and watch the first half again.....

Just watched the last 25 minutes or so of the game and it was all us even though we were down to 10 men. Perez should have scored after some great work by Aarons and possibly Sissoko should have got on the end of a good set piece from Colback. Gini looks to have decent strength and seems more than happy to use either feet. Looks like he'll look to get forward and support the attack (something our midfield has lacked in massively during Pardew's reign) and play more progressive passing than Colback, Anita or Tiote would.

There's no point commenting on how bad Williamson looks because we've all said it a million times. This transfer window would be a failure for us even if we signed Messi if Williamson was still here at the end of it.