US Tour

The Fish

Didn't you hear? CT rates him. He'll be playing in League 2 within a year.

He was canny late to the party on this one so Aarons might be ok ;)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only concern from that game was the horrific planning from our administration people. We will never see that defence play in a competetive match so how they played is irrelevant. I can't imagine Darlow was full of confidence playing behind them either.

I watched most of it this morning at it looked like we just wanted to get through it without injuries. Only really Aarons and Perez made any sort of real efforts. Arrons continues to look like a player and I'd like to see us get him on a new contract as soon as possible. Hopefully he can play a decent part this season.

With regards to defenders I don't see us bringing in another after Mbemba (assuming that does go through). I think we'll be looking to partner him mainly with Colo with Taylor and Lascelles as back up. Williamson should be ditched immediately. As long as we can get through the season with two of Mbemba, Colo and Taylor fit for the majority of the games it shouldn't be too bad (assuming Mbemba is what we're expecting). We'll then have to look in January or more likely next summer to bring another player in as Colo will certainly be gone by then. Of course if he goes earlier that should change things.

When was the last time Taylor had a full season I wonder?

When was the last time Taylor had a full season I wonder?

Has he ever? I'm just hoping that he'll be fit enough to cover any periods in which Colo or Chancel aren't available. Especially early on while Lascelles gets a chance to grow into the league. Ideally I'd like to get someone else in but if we do sign Mbemba we'll have done more than I was expecting this summer so I'm not going to assume there's still funds available for a second big defensive signing.

Fair enough, any thoughts on who?

a 10-15 million pound defender who plays in the PL, not too old/young who would come here?

Doesnt have to be from this league, just someone with experience and not a history of being a shambles. Someone not like Taylor perhaps. Tomkins say? With whom we've been linked in the past. Dont particularly rate him but we're talking about upgrading Williamson here remember.

Shawcross would cost a pretty penny and wouldnt be worth it.

Think Shawcross is all right, but as Aimaad says, there'll be better out there

Shawcross is decently defensively but nothing special on the ball. I thought he might come on a bit with Hughes as they never played out from the back with the Pulis but it looks like he is limited.

Shawcross is decently defensively but nothing special on the ball. I thought he might come on a bit with Hughes as they never played out from the back with the Pulis but it looks like he is limited.

I agree.

I think he'd massively improve our defense. Agree he'd be over priced like but that wouldn't bother me in the slightest if we signed him.

He's not better than Colo or (by all accounts) Mbemba, can't see him taking the bench? And we'd have to spend more than £15m to get him, so why wouldn't we just go for someone better, given Matip was valued at around £8m?

He's not better than Colo or (by all accounts) Mbemba, can't see him taking the bench? And we'd have to spend more than £15m to get him, so why wouldn't we just go for someone better, given Matip was valued at around £8m?

I think he's been better than Colo over the last few year tbh. I have little faith in Colocinni really, I hope most of his decline has been a symptom of playing alongside Williamson and a better defender will see him improve but he seems to have lost a lot of pace and it seems to leave him frustrated as fuck. If this Mbemba lad is decent on the ball (which he seems to be from clips) then a Shawcross type would be a class partner for him, I think it's irrelevant mind as Shawcross would be expensive as fuck.

Truthfully with the 15m that's being banded about for Austin I'd rather sign a CB like Matip now and wait until January to sign Austin (of course I'd rather just get both in now but it is Ashley we're talking about) where his price will be a lot lower, unless he goes and signs a new contract with QPR.

I think he's been better than Colo over the last few year tbh. I have little faith in Colocinni really, I hope most of his decline has been a symptom of playing alongside Williamson and a better defender will see him improve but he seems to have lost a lot of pace and it seems to leave him frustrated as fuck. If this Mbemba lad is decent on the ball (which he seems to be from clips) then a Shawcross type would be a class partner for him, I think it's irrelevant mind as Shawcross would be expensive as fuck.

Truthfully with the 15m that's being banded about for Austin I'd rather sign a CB like Matip now and wait until January to sign Austin (of course I'd rather just get both in now but it is Ashley we're talking about) where his price will be a lot lower, unless he goes and signs a new contract with QPR.

Hard to argue with that

If I wasn't so tired I'd give it a go though.