US Tour

The Fish

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's been better than Colo over the last few year tbh. I have little faith in Colocinni really, I hope most of his decline has been a symptom of playing alongside Williamson and a better defender will see him improve but he seems to have lost a lot of pace and it seems to leave him frustrated as fuck. If this Mbemba lad is decent on the ball (which he seems to be from clips) then a Shawcross type would be a class partner for him, I think it's irrelevant mind as Shawcross would be expensive as fuck.

Truthfully with the 15m that's being banded about for Austin I'd rather sign a CB like Matip now and wait until January to sign Austin (of course I'd rather just get both in now but it is Ashley we're talking about) where his price will be a lot lower, unless he goes and signs a new contract with QPR.

This. My reservation with with going for Matip now would be the prospect of both him and Mbemba going to the African Nations. I don't think there is one this season but it could be a problem the year after.

This. My reservation with with going for Matip now would be the prospect of both him and Mbemba going to the African Nations. I don't think there is one this season but it could be a problem the year after.

Matip would pull out.

Ok I'm done.