Chancel Mbemba Mangulu

Park Life

I'd worry a little how he will cope with the larger more physical players in the premier league. Who he gets partnered with is critical, with Colo I could see us really struggle with set pieces.

Seriously it cannot be any worse than iron Mike ducking under that ball he should get his head on.

Seriously it cannot be any worse than iron Mike ducking under that ball he should get his head on.

Aye, it couldn't possibly be worse than the amount of free headers we gave the opposition from set pieces last season. Williamson is 6 foot 3 but he's a complete coward, if this lad is willing to actually challenge for the ball then he'll be an upgrade despite being 3" shorter.

I'm just going off the difficulties Colo and Mbiwa had playing together. Colo seems to need a big physical centre half to play with (like a Williamson with ability). He's more like a sweeper and I'd be dubious about putting him alongside another player like that. The article does mention that this kid/pensioner is more physical so maybe I'm just reading it the wrong way and they could form a partnership. I've not seem him play at all so I'm only going off what I'm reading.

I disagree, I take it you've read Matt Smiths article which said the same? 2 good defenders in the same mould are better than 1 good defender and Williamson

Either way, we've added Mbemba and Lascelles to Taylor, Colo, Willo and Good. No hope we are signing another CB on top of that lot

6' & 12 and a half stone, he's not shrinking violet.

His jump is important as well, the bloke seems athletic going off the pace he has so I'd be pretty confident that he can jump at least 3 inch higher than the horrifically unathletic Williamson. Tim Cahill is 5' 10" but regularly gives far taller defenders trouble in the air as he can jump so fucking high.

The fact is though if he is in any way decent it'll be better than having Williamson there.

His jump is important as well, the bloke seems athletic going off the pace he has so I'd be pretty confident that he can jump at least 3 inch higher than the horrifically unathletic Williamson. Tim Cahill is 5' 10" but regularly gives far taller defenders trouble in the air as he can jump so fucking high.

The fact is though if he is in any way not a talent vacuum it'll be better than having Williamson there.

:aye:

I disagree, I take it you've read Matt Smiths article which said the same? 2 good defenders in the same mould are better than 1 good defender and Williamson

Either way, we've added Mbemba and Lascelles to Taylor, Colo, Willo and Good. No hope we are signing another CB on top of that lot

Forget Good, he's never going to be good enough and looks like he maybe another in our long line of crocks.

I'm not aware that I've read that article, I was just going off when I saw Colo and Mbiwa together they were poor (probably not as bad as it was at the end of the season with Williamson but poor all the same). Both of them looked better when they played with Taylor (who for all his bellendary is not a bad player for me and underrated by most on here) and Mbiwa even looked better playing with Williamson than he did with Colo.

I'm certainly hoping that Williamson won't be here come the end of the transfer window and I still think there's a fair chance of Colo going too. That's the only way I can see us signing a second defender this summer if I'm honest.

Reckon he'll be alright. Senses danger like a jackal and breaks from the back like a wolf. It'll take a couple of months to get used to the PL mind so I hope he gets a good run in the side.

Four fucking birthdays! :lol:

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/01/sport/football/age-african-football-mbemba/

"Everyone has a birthday. A joyful day for receiving presents from family and friends, for blowing out candles on a cake as you celebrate your arrival on this earth.

Some people even have two, such as Britain's Queen Elizabeth II -- one to mark the date of her birth, and one to celebrate the anniversary of her coronation.

But soccer player Chancel Mbemba Mangulu can top that. He appears to have four "birthdays" -- and it has caused him a lot of problems."

Old story but fucking hell.

Reckon he'll be alright. Senses danger like a jackal and breaks from the back like a wolf. It'll take a couple of months to get used to the PL mind so I hope he gets a good run in the side.

lolcatd037a6cdb9ca7888f1168943483abaa474

"Everyone has a birthday. A joyful day for receiving presents from family and friends, for blowing out candles on a cake as you celebrate your arrival on this earth.

Some people even have two, such as Britain's Queen Elizabeth II -- one to mark the date of her birth, and one to celebrate the anniversary of her coronation.

But soccer player Chancel Mbemba Mangulu can top that. He appears to have four "birthdays" -- and it has caused him a lot of problems."

I bet none of them are celebrated singing along to Wham Rap, so he should be fine.

It's cause where he's from people are more busy looking for drinking water rather than registering births etc...;)

I don't think he can get a work permit??? Rules changed didn't they to only the "top 20" nations or something?

Looks like a fantastic addition to me though. I also concur with the sentiment that Taylor is a better defender than most credit him with. His behavior and injury status are a different thing tho.

True enough.

Hope this goes through; don't know much about him as a player like but then I could say the same about Mitrovic.

Just nice to see some progress being made.