Chancel Mbemba Mangulu

Park Life

I bet he isn't paying 4% tax let alone 40. His agent will be much more savvy than that. Which footballer does PAYE???? He'll have a LTD company or a conglomerate he joins.

Don't get me started on football clubs either, they turn massive profits but pay very little in Corp tax. Have a search on "bing" for footballers tax dodge.

Newcastle paid zero tax in 2012 and 2011 apparently, but neither did most other clubs. Blackpool paid 100,000 on 21 mil profit :)

Anyhoo, sorry for bringing up tax.

EDIT - Nevermind, I skimmed Scoobos' post and missed the reference to Bing. My eyes glazed over at the mention of PAYE, so yeah.

Edited by Rayvin

I bet he isn't paying 4% tax let alone 40. His agent will be much more savvy than that. Which footballer does PAYE???? He'll have a LTD company or a conglomerate he joins.

Don't get me started on football clubs either, they turn massive profits but pay very little in Corp tax. Have a search on "bing" for footballers tax dodge.

Newcastle paid zero tax in 2012 and 2011 apparently, but neither did most other clubs. Blackpool paid 100,000 on 21 mil profit :)

Anyhoo, sorry for bringing up tax.

The leaked online payslips that have appeared for various people are all PAYE.

Footballers wouldn't meet the rules for limited companies - for example you have to prove you can supply a substitute (no pun intended) of equal skill if the person is unavailable.

Edit, I'm full of shit.

I think you're wide of the mark certainly. iirc the typical schemes were either NIC avoidance for the employer club or income tax avoidance based on image rights and branding. I expect HMRC have long since clamped down on these.

Chancel....has he got brothers called Nave and Spire?....little sister Aisle?...

Hang on lads, looks like we've got a theist up in here!

Mbemba my name. FAME!

I'm picturing a scene where the crowd get right into the "Remember.... Remember.... Remember.... Remember" bit from that song. "Mbemba... Mbemba.... Mbemba....", properly taking it down low, maybe dim the floodlights a bit, someone on a lone bongo at the back of the Gallowgate, taking advantage of the acoustics, "Mbemba" barely audible at this stage, before bringing it back big time, building, building then..... floodlights on full... "FAME". Floodlights off. Silence.

I should definitely produce the end of season DVDs.