Chancel Mbemba Mangulu

Park Life

Arguably should be starting alongside Clark. Or in midfield ahead of colback. Wonder why Rafa doesn't fancy him.

Read somewhere that Rafa wanted him to learn English to a higher standard but he hasn't made enough progress, and also that in a particular game he was instructed to play diagonal balls but kept playing them straight and giving the ball away. After that Rafa doesn't trust him to carry out instructions.

Read somewhere that Rafa wanted him to learn English to a higher standard but he hasn't made enough progress, 

That could also explain Gamez and Lazaar's lack of games as well. 

Edited by Howay

• 8 months later...

Am I missing something with this lad? He has the potential to be a good player for us but just hasn't had any sort of the run in the team under Rafa. For me he's a better defender than both our current fullbacks yet there's talk of selling him in January? A strange one considering how poor our defence have been.

Communication is the issue I've heard and read about. His English is still awful. 

Probably best that we sell him tbh. Doesn't play a lot, will have a decent wage and will fetch a hefty fee to boost the fund for January. 

• 4 years later...
On 21/07/2015 at 08:26, Gemmill said:

Mbemba my name. FAME!

I'm picturing a scene where the crowd get right into the "Remember.... Remember.... Remember.... Remember" bit from that song. "Mbemba... Mbemba.... Mbemba....", properly taking it down low, maybe dim the floodlights a bit, someone on a lone bongo at the back of the Gallowgate, taking advantage of the acoustics, "Mbemba" barely audible at this stage, before bringing it back big time, building, building then..... floodlights on full... "FAME". Floodlights off. Silence.

I should definitely produce the end of season DVDs.

On 25/07/2015 at 04:02, Anorthernsoul said:

They are waiting for the bone marrow to come back from the lab.

Test results finally back..   :whistle:

Porto announced they will not renew his contract because they believe he is 33 and not 26.

https://www.cmjornal.pt/desporto/futebol/detalhe/mbemba-vai-sair-do-fc-porto-devido-a-idade

• Haha 2
  • Jaysus... 1