Life Hacks.

Monkeys Fist

It's fine for re-heating portions of chilli or whatever. Wouldn't use it to cook a meal though. It might just be a mental thing, but I expect the flavours to be better if you take your time over a meal.

All that piece says is that restaurants have them, and use them for steaming or whatever, not for actually cooking mushrooms or frying eggs.

Hardly an authoritative news source is it?

Did you know that life hacks rhymes with ball sacks? Yes apparently all the great poets use this combo in their couplets. If you google it you'll see I'm on solid ground here.

What can I say. You are making life harder than it needs to be. Sure if you're playing chef and want to take your time that's fine.

But if you get in from work, are knackered and want to sit down to jacket potato salad and tuna in under 10 minutes, it's very doable.

Even Jamie Oliver cooks his spuds in it.

e92db0a3a7b2cc13358f61a1eed50a31.jpg

What can I say. You are making life harder than it needs to be. Sure if you're playing chef and want to take your time that's fine.

But if you get in from work, are knackered and want to sit down to jacket potato salad and tuna in under 10 minutes, it's very doable.

Even Jamie Oliver cooks his spuds in it.

Popping the spuds in the oven for 45 minutes requires literally no effort on my part. So I can go off and do something else while they get cooked through and crispy on the outside. (I might rub them with a little coarse salt and olive oil before I pop them in, but it's hardly a chore)

I think that piece is right that the association with ready meals probably affects my opinion of it, but I don't care.

Come to think of it I quite often buy microwaveable rice which is actually quite nice I think. Don't use it a lot for cooking though. Even stuff like beans is nicer done of the hob I reckon.

Those 15 minute meal things Jamie Oliver does btw. Must take about half an hour's prep and about another hour to tidy up after the mess he's made.

Come to think of it I quite often buy microwaveable rice which is actually quite nice I think. Don't use it a lot for cooking though. Even stuff like beans is nicer done of the hob I reckon.

Aye, I get microwavable Mexican rice if I'm having fajitas or whatever. Saves some hassle. I use it for my Rustlers burgers when I'm hungowa as well like.

Those 15 minute meal things Jamie Oliver does btw. Must take about half an hour's prep and about another hour to tidy up after the mess he's made.

Plus a couple of days to find a shop that sells fresh lemongrass and ras el hanout.