Life Hacks.

Monkeys Fist

Has anyone ever had those frozen microwave donner kebabs that were out a few years ago?Think they were about a quid and you got two in a box! :lol:

Now they were trampy. But quite satisfying at the same time.

Nothing that smells like a freshly microwaved Rustlers burger can ever be classified as food.

And I suspect the saddest thing about that grilled cheese in a box is that the "American" probably doesn't mean it's from the US, it means the cheese of the tasteless American variety, so you're getting a microwaveable sandwich with a tastless rubber filling, voiding the only nice thing about at toastie.

I heard the lad from cheesepostie on the radio to today - that defo isn't for CT, it's for Lahndon ponces like Fish - people willing to pay £4 to have the ingredients of a toastie posted to you, so you can assemble it and then toast it. And it's not a normal toastie, it's using 'artisan' bread and 'fusion' flavours (chocolate and sweaty sock etc).

They are, and slightly cheaper at the supermarkets than they used to be too (thank you, 2-for-£1 offers at pound shops). Brown basmati rice, 50p a packet, done in 90 seconds? Aye, I'll take that. #domesticgoddess

Nothing that smells like a freshly microwaved Rustlers burger can ever be classified as food.

And I suspect the saddest thing about that grilled cheese in a box is that the "American" probably doesn't mean it's from the US, it means the cheese of the tasteless American variety, so you're getting a microwaveable sandwich with a tastless rubber filling, voiding the only nice thing about at toastie.

I heard the lad from cheesepostie on the radio to today - that defo isn't for CT, it's for Lahndon ponces like Fish - people willing to pay £4 to have the ingredients of a toastie posted to you, so you can assemble it and then toast it. And it's not a normal toastie, it's using 'artisan' bread and 'fusion' flavours (chocolate and sweaty sock etc).

Recently saw something about cheese toasties that surprised me. Apparently it's best to have 2 types of cheese, 1 for consistency and 1 for flavour. Any additional ingredients should be diced (makes sense but I'd not thought about it). And pop it on a pan with something heavy atop it, rather than simply grilling in the oven.

Who knew?

• 3 years later...

Quite a good one this :)

I have a Samsung TV about 3 or 4 years old and wondered if the bairns Bluetooth speakers would work on it. After going into the settings I discovered their was no setting for headphones or Bluetooth.

I then discovered via YouTube you could enter an engineers code on your remote, open up an secret engineers menu and activate Bluetooth.

I then went back to normal settings and as if by magic I now had a headphones setting and Bluetooth.

Secret codes for different brands of TV.

https://www.askvg.com/secret-service-codes-for-sony-and-lg-tv/

• 3 years later...

Ok, a proper life hack that will massively improve your garden enjoyment in the summer.

Dont spend a few hundred on an uncomfy rattan corner group with loads of cushions to store when it rains.

Dont go to the garden centres and spend a couple of grand on the slightly more comfy rattan sofas with all the same problems.

Instead, go on Facebook market place and choose from the various FREE leather sofas ads. Hire a man with a van £40 to collect and deliver. Then spend £20-£40 on waterproof covers.

Finally, lounge in proper comfort all summer and when you’re done in September / October, £20 for the council to dispose of.

Proper comfort all summer long for £80

965F5554-908D-479D-9E5F-83120B03A585.thumb.jpeg.98fe83c3d9a21e4878d486031ddcf889.jpeg

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Ok, a proper life hack that will massively improve your garden enjoyment in the summer.

Dont spend a few hundred on an uncomfy rattan corner group with loads of cushions to store when it rains.

Dont go to the garden centres and spend a couple of grand on the slightly more comfy rattan sofas with all the same problems.

Instead, go on Facebook market place and choose from the various FREE leather sofas ads. Hire a man with a van £40 to collect and deliver. Then spend £20-£40 on waterproof covers.

Finally, lounge in proper comfort all summer and when you’re done in September / October, £20 for the council to dispose of.

Proper comfort all summer long for £80

965F5554-908D-479D-9E5F-83120B03A585.thumb.jpeg.98fe83c3d9a21e4878d486031ddcf889.jpeg

Are you playing Blue Monkey compilation tapes at full volume on your phone to complete the absolute fucking charva look? 

(You know that everyone in your street is legally required to declare you if they sell their house? )

• Haha 4