Calais Crisis

Park Life

The comments after the article too. It's the "I'm not racist but........" brigade. Can we not just swap one Daily Mail reader for each refugee we accept and then that will sort out the alleged overcrowding and make the country a far better place.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's fucking awful this, and the worst part is there isn't any obvious answer. Social media has went batshit mental. On the one hand we have groups of people making astonishing statements like 'these people have phone chargers - they are not refugees!!!!!' as if a middle class lifestyle and electrical goods mean they are safe from the threat of IS. On the other hand I've also seen plenty of people who have came to the conclusion that anyone who does not think allowing tens of thousands of Syrian refugees into the UK is a good idea is therefore a racist devoid of any compassion.

The answer is probably somewhere in the middle. We can't take a 'nothing to do with us attitude' because nobody should be denied the ability to seek refuge when in danger, not to mention the West's involvement in undermining Assad. But at the same time I'm hardly surprised that there's also an 'anti-refugee' sentiment clearly visible on the internet. That happens when you smear and tarnish anyone with an opposing view on mass-immigration as a bigot for the best part of two decades. I'd also point out that the people most enthusiastic in welcoming as many refugees as possible on my Facebook/Twitter are also the people who are least likely to feel any resulting negative impacts on housing, social services etc.

I think we should be proud of the financial support we've already offered - unless I'm mistaken we've completely dwarfed the rest of Europe in terms of such aid.

And despite detesting the bloke, Cameron's speech was pretty much perfect in dealing with what is a particularly delicate issue. He offered to accept a reasonable number of refugees, but also stressed that these would only be people in refugee camps, meaning he clearly dissuaded people from risking their lives crossing the Mediterranean. That will almost certainly save lives, and in fact the much nicer 'REFUGEES WELCOME' line which I'm seeing everywhere could well have actually done the opposite and encouraged more people to embark on that extremely dangerous journey. So credit where it's due for Cameron.

Not a nice situation at all, and it would be nice if people on both sides stopped trying to take the moral high-ground and attempted to work towards the best possible solution with the best possible outcomes for everyone - including the UK population.

What happens to their parents then? By that point they are likely working and contributing to the country. Do we just kick them out of their jobs and back to Syria? Or can they stay but their kids can only come here on holiday to see their family?

It must be killing the Tories letting these weird foreign folk in

The world stage looked completely different in 2002 you fat Tory bellend. Hes not talking about a 5 year review either, he's talking about a concrete deportation deadline

Seems weird they didn't change it, what with the invasion of iraq and Afghanistan and that. Then again it sometimes suits people to forget how cuntish Blair's labour party was/is.

The world stage looked completely different in 2002 you fat Tory bellend. Hes not talking about a 5 year review either, he's talking about a concrete deportation deadline

The clues in the word Refugee = Refuge.

They get 5 years in happy land and then their case is reviewed. If they have acted irresponsibly they get the heave ho or if peace and goodwill has broken out in the country they have left they may be sent back.

They all have the right to apply to apply to remain.

It's a Labour law which is perfectly fine when offering REFUGE.

Maybe if you didn't get your political news from Newsround you would not get yourself in such a confused state. Idiot :lol:

This has just popped up on my facebook, a lad I know has signed it....

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/106477

Thing is, a few years back he was trying to get a Thai lady he'd married across there into this country but failed for some reason or other. That relationship apparently fizzled out, and he took up with another girl from Thailand, and this time he succeeded in getting her into the country. I met her once, didn't think much of it as the lad is more a friend of a friend.

I Didn't see much of him for ages, but heard stories that she as refusing to get a job. Then he got home one day to find the house cleared out as she'd had to raise funds to cover online gambling debts, which was how she had been paying the rent instead of working. Then I went for a pint a few months later where our mutual friend informed me that the lad had gone to the doctors for something or other and the doc had taken a blood sample and ran a few tests. One came back positive, for HIV, which he had contracted via unprotected sex with the Thai furniture gambler. For the record, he would've signed a petition like this at any point for as long as I've known him, the best part of twenty years, around about the same time he started taking holidays in Thailand...

They get 5 years in happy land and then their case is reviewed. If they have acted irresponsibly they get the heave ho or if peace and goodwill has broken out in the country they have left they may be sent back.

Maybe if you didn't get your political news from Newsround you would not get yourself in such a confused state. Idiot :lol:

I've got a fair interest in politics, I just don't engage you in conversation on it because I see how you go on with others. Your post above confirms what everyone on here already knew about you. I'm sure you see yourself as some sort of character on here but you just come across as an absolute shambles of a man, in every way. Enjoy life in happy land

Thing is, a few years back he was trying to get a Thai lady he'd married across there into this country but failed for some reason or other. That relationship apparently fizzled out, and he took up with another girl from Thailand, and this time he succeeded in getting her into the country. I met her once, didn't think much of it as the lad is more a friend of a friend.

I Didn't see much of him for ages, but heard stories that she as refusing to get a job. Then he got home one day to find the house cleared out as she'd had to raise funds to cover online gambling debts, which was how she had been paying the rent instead of working. Then I went for a pint a few months later where our mutual friend informed me that the lad had gone to the doctors for something or other and the doc had taken a blood sample and ran a few tests. One came back positive, for HIV, which he had contracted via unprotected sex with the Thai furniture gambler. For the record, he would've signed a petition like this at any point for as long as I've known him, the best part of twenty years, around about the same time he started taking holidays in Thailand...

Is she single? Asking so Gemmers doesn't have to.

I'd just like to go on record as thanking CT for telling us how the words 'refuge' and 'refugee' are so intrinsically linked. Nice one. :good:

Day%2013%20old%20man.jpg

"Man who fish in other mans pond, catch crabs."

I've got a fair interest in politics, I just don't engage you in conversation on it because I see how you go on with others. Your post above confirms what everyone on here already knew about you. I'm sure you see yourself as some sort of character on here but you just come across as an absolute shambles of a man, in every way. Enjoy life in happy land

You were caught with your pants down spouting your "nasty Tory" shit that turned out to be Labour law.

Stop crying and man up you big girl :lol:

You were caught with your pants down spouting your "nasty Tory" shit that turned out to be Labour law.

Stop crying and man up you big girl :lol:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/syrian-child-refugees-to-be-deported-at-age-18-10490273.html?origin=internalSearch

Who is talking about 5 year reviews? You're making up a strawman argument against yourself

What happened to you in life to make you into such a compassionless arsehole?

Edited by StraightEdgeWizard

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/syrian-child-refugees-to-be-deported-at-age-18-10490273.html?origin=internalSearch

Who is talking about 5 year reviews? You're making up a strawman argument against yourself

What happened to you in life to make you into such a compassionless arsehole?

The problem is you just don't understand.

All refugees get 5 years refuge in the UK. At the end of that 5 years they can apply to stay here permanently or go home (which the majority seem to want) if their country has become stable.

It's a sensible part of UK law put in place by Labour 13 years ago.

NONE of these refugees will be automatically deported after 5 years.

As for compassion, what has that got to do with me pulling you up over your child like ignorance.

It's quite clear from your immature postings of "cunt", "bellend" and "what's happened in your life" rhetoric that you are the one with issues.

Maybe see your colleagues for a little help.