Newcastle United V Southampton

Christmas Tree

Not really sure what the line up will be having watched today's game. Guessing he mixed it up a bit to avoid revealing his first choice 11.

Anyway as its a Sunday I've got my tickets and can't wait.

Shame it's an early kick off as I prefer pre match drinking to post.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think we'll lose this tbh, it'll take a little while for McClaren and co to really get settled in and I think Southampton will prove too much for our lot as they're now miles ahead of us mainly thanks to bog Mikes fucking about.

Not confident we'll get much from those 4 games with our current defence. It's sad for all Fat Mikes bluster that we haven't bought another cb (and full back) and given the unit time to gel.

Because we are obviously short of defensive players we are going to have to play an attacking game. If we sit back and let the opposition bring the game to us we will be punished

We've spent most of pre season playing Williamson Taylor and Lascelles at CB. What's the point of that? None of those 3 is good enough for a top half defence.Taylors a crock, Willos a crock of shit, and Lascelles is as green as a crockadile.

Can't say I'm confident at all. I don't think we're well prepared for the start of the season at all. I'm happy with the signings we've made, they've all got good pedigree and Gini looks a player who will fit in well from what I've see so far. But we're still seeing Williamson and Obertan in the team and there seems to be no clear indication of what sort of team or formation that McClaren wants to go with. I'm not going to get too excited about pre season results but the defence has been a joke and while we've looked to play more football we still don't look capable of creating many chances.

I watched Southampton's game against Vitesse the other night and they look in a much better shape than we do despite losing three of their key players. Them playing away on Thursday looks to be our only friend at the minute.

Can't see Colo playing mate but that's the attacking formation i wouldn't mind seeing Sissoko & Aarons whipping the ball in from the wings we have to play attacking football.

I can't see Dummett or Colo playing in this one.

For me it will be

Krul

Hadaira

Taylor

Mbemba

Janmaat

Anita

Sissoko

Gjinaldum

Aarons

Cisse

Mitrovic

The problem with the above is ... Are Mbemba and Mitrovic match ready and can Aaron's actually handle 90 minutes due to him being injury prone.

Result draw. Southampton have a European tie but I don't think newcastle will be up to taking advantage. McLaren will need time to be in a new style and players. I think the midfielders will be shocked to see the ball being played to them instead of looking up to see it flying over to the striker.

Edited by KeithJ

Two weeks ago it was a ridiculous idea ;)

I see everyone's coming round to Aarons starting skippy ;)

I think Davey was fair in saying his reputation has increased disproportionately related to his performance. Promising youngster? Yes. Starting winger for a side aiming to finish 8th or better? Not yet.

That's my opinion. I'd love to be wrong. It's good to experience new things.

Now, why would a contrary nonce such as yourself be placing so much value in other people sharing your opinion? Wouldn't an individual who legitimately held contrary views as a matter of course, refuse to invoke an argument by numbers? Seems to me you're too stupid to maintain any level of congruence in your views, you anti-populist dirt grovelling bloat.

Aarons looks promising but the only reason people reckon he should start is the lack of other options out wide. If it's him or obertan or Gouffran, it's a no brainer.

The fact Dummet is being considered at left back and Taylor and Williamson are in contention for centre back starts shows the other areas of the squad that should have been strengthened by now. We still need at least one winger, two centre backs and a left back before we can really start to look forward to the season with optimism. There's a lot of crap in line for a start as things stand.

Inevitable that Dave was gonna be the one singled out :lol:

Course it was. The fat embarrassment is desperate to make it appear he knows more about football than me. Which is fucking hilarious in itself.

He seems genuinely eager to find fault in everything I put on here, and when he's proven to have either misunderstood or flat out made up what I've said he slinks off with nary an apology nor an admission. The silly ponce thought I wanted rid of our entire midfield because he seems to struggle with thinking things through.