Newcastle United V Southampton

Christmas Tree

Just reading a WBA forum from 3 years ago, asking people from toontastic what they thought the score would be in the upcoming match. I was right as it goes, but read the comments THREE YEARS AGO. Especially from Howay. Very little has changed at the back and it would exactly reflect my prediction for Sunday based on the same grounds.

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=9535.110

And finally, score predictions.

Brock Manson: 2-0 Newcastle because I'm still bitter about the Reading game (home town club)

McFaul: 2-1 to the toon. Will be a shite game imo.

Howay: If we turn up I can see us winning 2-1, without Colocinni in the side I'd fear another rout from Williamson + Taylor being hopeless against quick counters

Edited by McFaul

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... As you do.

:lol: Aye. I was just reviewing this colouring book from when I was 4. And I didn't even colour outside any of the lines!

Tomorrow is the big day super excited to watch real futbol again. Been thinking a lot about what the starting line up should be tomorrow and this is what I have come up with let me know what you think and what you would want/believe will be the line up

4-2-3-1

Krill

Janmaat colo mbemba haidara

Anita colback

Sissoko windgi Aarons/ayoze

Mitrovic

1. Colo haven't played and mbemba just arrived but I believe that these 2 easily are better than Taylor and Williamson regardless I will admit colo does worry me a bit

2. Anita is a good fit in this system and with the players he has shown flashes and I think we haven't given him a fair chance give him games and let him play with like minded players I think he can do well or at least better than anything else we have

3. Aarons would be my starter unless there are concerns of his fitness or health I don't want to rush him if not then ayoze fits well and I want him to get plenty of playing time to further develop his game.

4. Mitrovic needs game time period let him play he will learn as he goes cisse proved better off the bench last season and Mitrovic potential is much higher than cisse

Thoughts?

Not sure about Anita who I think you may have sacrificed De Jong for, unless he's -still- injured?

Krill should be ok though, as long as Southampton aren't playing with a humpback whale up front.

Looking forward to the game but really not confident. Shite four game start. I'd be happy if we get 2pts from the these.

But you never know, we have a few unknowns today and could surprise them but they're a solid side these days. It's our defence that bothers me.

If I was going to be positive, I'd say Janmaat on top form is superb, colo with a new manager and new contract could be revitalised and ready to roll his sleeves up. mbemba next to him and Heidara lb. could be ok with colback / Anita front of them.

Negative has Williamson there and usual sloppy mistakes.

Haidara isn't up to it, unfortunately. Had potential but just hasn't got a run through injury etc. I'm massively concerned at the back and think we're going waste three potentially good signings through a want of targeting key positions/settling for 2nd choices like cry me a Riviere that we've been doing as a club for the last few years. Just watching teams like Swansea is a reality check. Yes I think there will end up being worse teams but unless we continue to invest in a fit for purpose 16-18 squad of players who can genuinely be labelled PL class it'll be another underwhelming season.

I'm disappointed in the overall performances of Haidara in the preseason, I had hoped he would come along with some consistent games. Good pace strong left foot and a desire to beat his man were good signs. If he's rubbish we need to bring in a new left back.

We should never have sold Santon tbh. Idiotic.

It's frustrating isn't it?

It would have been a fresh start for him with a new manager.