Newcastle United V Southampton

Christmas Tree

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gone all football manager here like. What would you do? What do you think McClaren is going to do? How are we going to get on? How wrong is CT going to be? Its a mystery!

I expect McClaren to play

Krul

Janmaat Williamson Taylor Haidara

Anita

Sissoko Wijnaldum Colback Gouffran

Cisse

I would play

Krul

Janmaat Mbemba Taylor Haidara

Sissoko Wijnaldum

De Jong

Cabella Aarons

Mitrovic

We can't defend so why try? Newcastle fans love losing 4-3 (plus other cliches) so fuck it.

I wouldn't play Mbemba and Mitrovic from the start. Too much pressure for a defender and striker at home when theyve never played in the PL before. Although Willo and Stevie T together is like starting 1 or 2 nil down.

I wouldn't play Mbemba and Mitrovic from the start. Too much pressure for a defender and striker at home when theyve never played in the PL before. Although Willo and Stevie T together is like starting 1 or 2 nil down.

If they're fit they should start it's imperative we get points on board from the off our opening 4 games are

Southampton

Swansea

Man Utd

Arsenal

If we start without the new guys we're effectively using the team that almost got relegated last season and I honestly can't see us picking up many points. We can't afford to ease them in gently get them on get them playing.

Edited by trooper

From today's press conference...

"I've still got decisions to make regarding the fitness of Mitrovic & Mbemba"

Nailed on to start on Sunday with Williamson Colo & Taylor

From today's press conference...

"I've still got decisions to make regarding the fitness of Mitrovic & Mbemba"

Nailed on to start on Sunday with Williamson Colo & Taylor

How are you expecting him to fit the three of them in?

Strong saints team last night, they won 0-2:

Stekelenburg, Caulker, Fonte, Yoshida, Martina, Wanyama, S. Davis, Ward-Prowse, Tadić, Mané, Pellè.

Just as Ronald Koeman said he'd pick. Just seen his brother Erwin on the local news down here, saying that they understand the "Thursday/Sunday" thing in the months ahaead but after working hard all last season whats there will be no complaints from SFC and no excuses blaming Europe if things don't pan out as they hope in the league. How very refreshing :glare: