Newcastle United 2015/16 Season

trooper

Well here we are on the eve of a new season what are you hoping to see. Myself I hoping we play attacking football due to our weakness at the back. Also I'm hoping we can have a good run in both FA & League cups (even try & win one) But most of all I hope we at least turn up and give a good account of ourselves something that's been lacking the last couple of seasons. We won't be expected to win every game but at least give it a go . Howay the Lads give us something to shout about for all the right reasons

We need a fullback more than anything else like. We've got 3 and 1 is proven. We'd have decent depth for some narrow ass formation if we signed one. Janmaat picks injuries and cards up. How many points would Colback/Anita at RB cost us?

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

Still think we've left a few areas unattended that needed real attention. Optimistic about what we could do upfront but we're still dependent on the likes of Williamson and Taylor. I can still see us struggling on set pieces and occasionally falling apart in spectacular fashion like only nufc can. Will be a lot more confident if we have a couple of new faces at the back come September.

I think we will be lucky to sign another winger, striker, defender unless we can shift Obertan/Marveaux/Gouffran, Rivière/Cisse or Willo/Taylor. Ashley will refuse to finance new signings which push (our) high earners off the bench

We were really shite last season but think Carver and injuries made us worse than the team actually is, but only a bit. I'm hoping a new manager with more ideas plus the new coaching team has lifted them.

That plus having players like De Jong back and getting more from Sissoko and Colo and then adding the three new players should have us mid table but think their 8th target is still a bit off unless they add a few more before the window closes.

Savage is still piss offed about being relentlessly wolf-whistled almost every time he touched the ball in a match at SJP. He's got more edge and considerably less nouse than a broken piss pot.

Savage is still piss offed about being relentlessly wolf-whistled almost every time he touched the ball in a match at SJP. He's got more edge and considerably less nouse than a broken piss pot.

Give the lad a break Alex, it must be hard to know you're (Savage) nothing but the Welsh Dennis Wise.