Idiot Sven Sues NOTW - Beeb

Rob W

Eriksson sues News of the World

Sven-Goran Eriksson

Eriksson made comments to an undercover reporter

England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson is to take legal action against the News of the World for "breach of confidence".

Eriksson told an undercover reporter he would quit if England won the World Cup and also made comments about players, including captain David Beckham.

His lawyers say the stories were "a gross invasion of privacy" and have asked to see tapes of the interview.

The paper said it had uncovered facts fans and players had a right to know and promised further revelations.

The Swede's agent Athole Still and his lawyer Richard Des Voeux joined Eriksson in the legal move.

The trio had visited Dubai at the invitation of "an apparently legitimate company to discuss the possibility of a future sports development consultancy".

"It is now clear that this was all a highly sophisticated deception by the newspaper," his lawyers said on Friday.

Last Sunday the paper published articles about the trip.

"The resulting articles were a gross invasion of privacy, and the discussions, which our clients were expressly asked to keep confidential, were reported out of context in a distorted and sensationalised manner so as to provide a spurious pretext for the headlines which appeared."

It continued: "Our clients' position is that stories of this sort, and the distortion of what was said during confidential discussions in order to create the bogus appearance of some legitimate public interest, must be remedied."

A News of the World spokeswoman said: "We stand by the publication of our story 100%.

"Our investigation uncovered facts about Sven-Goran Eriksson which we believe fans and players had a right to know. There will be further revelations published on Sunday."

"more revelations" - they're not going to pull any punches this weekend after this

and he hasn't a leg to stand on - no contract, no confidentiality agreement

if you or I went off, met a complete stranger, scoffed their food and champagne and gobbed off about our work what would the courts say????

It's SVEN who broke the confidences as far as I can see

What a fucking muppet!!

Caught with the proverbial 'kegs round his ankles' and still he claims he's done nowt wrong.

Do us a favour and fuck off so we can actually have a World Cup where it isn't screwed up by something that happens away from the pitch.

Talksport were petitioning last night for Mourinho to guide us through the WC and then for him to go back to Chelsea afterwards. Sounds a better prospect to me..

"more revelations" - they're not going to pull any punches this weekend after this

and he hasn't a leg to stand on - no contract, no confidentiality agreement

if you or I  went off, met a complete stranger, scoffed  their food and champagne and gobbed off about our work what would the courts say????

It's SVEN who broke the confidences as far as I can see

82443[/snapback]

You don't need a contract. If it was verbally agreed that any comments would be confidential, that would enough in a libel case if he can prove it.

I'm more concerned about the shite journalists we have in this country who, on the build up to a World Cup where we have some good players and might make a decent fist of it, go out of their way to undermine our chances.

Wankers.

Edited by Howaythelads

What's the odds we're one of the clubs that are revealed tomorrow?

82853[/snapback]

They are not naming names tomorrow, it was just on SSN that there were 3 clubs and one sounded a hell of a lot like us "A struggling premiership club, who couldnt resist a backhander"

82860[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly!

82853[/snapback]

They are not naming names tomorrow, it was just on SSN that there were 3 clubs and one sounded a hell of a lot like us "A struggling premiership club, who couldnt resist a backhander"

82860[/snapback]

If it's financial, it could be the mackems tbh.

82853[/snapback]

82860[/snapback]

From the BBC:

England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson told the News of the World newspaper that three unnamed English Premiership clubs are riddled with corruption.

The Swede and his agent Athole Still are reported to have named the clubs in a meeting with an undercover journalist from the Sunday newspaper.

More soon.

If he's named them to the NOTW, they'll be revealed at some point soon IMO...

I don't doubt we're one of them. For a long time many of us have felt the club is rotten to the core and we've been linked with having dodgy dealings with both Paul Stretford and Willie McKay in the past...

I can't think of a club more likely for it to be...

NotW are cunts. What is this doing for our World Cup preperations? Do they know how hard it is to win the world cup? Virtually impossible out of your own continent. With this group of players and this location this is our best (only?) chance to win it in the next twenty years.

You can bet by June they'll be "The Paper Backing Our Boys" or "The Official Red-Top Scandal Rag of the World Cup" Wouldn't wipe my arse on it tbh.

If you buy tabloids this is what you deserve.

BTW, anyone hear that cocksucker Shaun Custis defending them on talkSport this morning?

NotW are cunts. What is this doing for our World Cup preperations? Do they know how hard it is to win the world cup? Virtually impossible out of your own continent. With this group of players and this location this is our best (only?) chance to win it in the next twenty years.

You can bet by June they'll be "The Paper Backing Our Boys" or "The Official Red-Top Scandal Rag of the World Cup" Wouldn't wipe my arse on it tbh.

If you buy tabloids this is what you deserve.

BTW, anyone hear that cocksucker Shaun Custis defending them on talkSport this morning?

82922[/snapback]

Why would an Australian want England to win the World Cup? Or a Swede for that matter?

Why would an Australian want England to win the World Cup?

82932[/snapback]

:huh: Revenge for the Ashes tbh

83033[/snapback]

Nah, they'll get that at the end of the year anyway.

Why would an Australian want England to win the World Cup?

82932[/snapback]

:huh: Revenge for the Ashes tbh

83033[/snapback]

Nah, they'll get that at the end of the year anyway.

84120[/snapback]

tartan.jpg

Sima's favourite drink tbh