Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

FA ramp up disciplinary crackdown on players feigning injury to get opponents dismissed with a risk of a three-match ban

Players who fake injury face being banned for the first time in new ruling

The new rule is limited to punishing players who get an opponent sent off

FA is also looking to clamp down on abuse aimed at referees

A new rule has been made to make some offside decisions much clearer

By SAM CUNNINGHAM

PUBLISHED: 11:14, 6 August 2015 | UPDATED: 15:41, 6 August 2015

The Football Association are getting tough on injury fakers as they roll out a raft of rule changes for the start of the Barclays Premier League season.

Under new regulations, players who are deemed to have got an opponent sent off by feigning injury will face an FA charge and potential three-match ban.

The football authorities can only act if the player who is sent off appeals their red card and it is rescinded by an independent panel.

In such circumstances, the FA will then punish the player who simulated in order to get their opponent dismissed.

The suspension will be determined on a case-by-case basis, starting at one match.

The FA have travelled to clubs across the country to explain the new rules to players and managers.

A ‘technical area Code of Conduct’ has been outlined to club bosses in an attempt to clean up discrepancies on the touchline.

High-profile incidents in recent years include Alan Pardew headbutting Hull midfielder David Meyler, Arsene Wenger shoving Jose Mourinho after the pair squared up to each other and former Leicester manager Nigel Pearson grabbing James McArthur by the throat.

The FA's director of football governance and regulation Darren Bailey said: ‘The new technical area code of conduct agreed by the game, sets out the standards required and consequences for non-compliance. It is designed to create a positive environment where all the occupants, from coaches to match officials, can do their respective jobs.’

Rules regarding players confronting a referee on the pitch have also been tightened up. Last season, disciplinary action could be taken against clubs if three or more of their players approached the referee and argued in an aggressive manner, but that has been reduced to only two.

The FA hope to tackle a steep rise in charges for that offence last season. Chelsea, Queens Park Rangers and West Ham were all handed large fines as charges trebled from the previous campaign across the top four divisions.

They will come down hard on clubs whose players follow referees and repeatedly protest after decisions have been made.

The offside rule has also been tweaked, so that if a player is in an offside position and attempts to go for a ball the linesman will flag and any goal will be ruled out even if that player does not touch it.

The regulations were decided upon after consultation with the Premier League, Football League, National League, League Managers Association, Professional Footballers' Association and Professional Game Match Officials Limited.

It's good that they're actually talking about it, even if they don't implement it properly. It needs to be punished consistently and to the extreme because that's the only way to get it removed from the game. The saddest part is that it's so ingrained that it will take a full generation to eradicate fully, and that's being optimistic.

If I was her I'd tell him to stick the job up his arse. She can make £250k pa locuming in London if she needs to

She could get into another top club fairly easily I reckon.

Chelseas injury record is outstanding considering the small core of players Mourinho used last season.

Think this has been on here before but it's good, so it it's back. From Keane's autobiography.

I rang Mark Hughes. Robbie [savage] wasnt in the Blackburn team and I asked Mark if we could try to arrange a deal. Sparky said: Yeah, yeah, hes lost his way here but he could still do a job for you. Robbies legs were going a bit but I thought he might come up to us [at Sunderland], with his long hair, and give us a lift the way Yorkie [Dwight Yorke] had, a big personality in the dressing room. Sparky gave me permission to give him a call. So I got Robbies mobile number and rang him. It went to his voicemail: Hi, its Robbie whazzup! like the Budweiser ad. I never called him back. I thought: I cant be fucking signing that.

Savage is an arse.I do remember him scoring a raker for Derby at SJP but he's still and arse.

Why has there been no criticsm of Hazzard for going down `injured' when not injured,which started all the shit for the female doc.

Was Leicester wasn't it?

• Guest locked this topic