Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

Aye bringing up the FIFA 100 list is ridiculous, was Pele not made to pick at least 1 player from every country that had qualified for the world cup? I think Mia Hamm is on the list ffs.

50 of the players had to still be playing. Which is why he made it 125 instead of 100, i.e. to get 75 retired players into it. But it was awash with players who'd done well at the previous World Cup (2002) and seemed a bit PC even then with the choices.

50 of the players had to still be playing. Which is why he made it 125 instead of 100, i.e. to get 75 retired players into it. But it was awash with players who'd done well at the previous World Cup (2002) and seemed a bit PC even then with the choices.

Aye I just remember it having a lot of average players in it, I'd forgotten it was actually 125 as well :lol:.

Just had a look and the two U.S.A players who made it are both female players so he must have been forced to include the USA in the list and couldn't think of any American men :lol:

Aye I just remember it having a lot of average players in it, I'd forgotten it was actually 125 as well :lol:.

Just had a look and the two U.S.A players who made it are both female players so he must have been forced to include the USA in the list and couldn't think of any American men :lol:

:lol: It was either them or Roy Wegerle

Thanks for that, wonderful to re-live it... That's the game I (and I suspect most others) particularly remember Tino for. Gillespie had some pace on him as well mind...

Edited by Rayvin

Alexei Smertin says there is no racism in Russia, that it doesn't exist :lol:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34297056

A particularly ridiculous claim is that Racism came from abroad, and incidents like fans hoying bananas at black players are just for fun :lol:.

It's hard to see a bloke say that there's no racism at all in his country and it doesn't exist without automatically thinking it must be really fucking racist there.

• Guest locked this topic